1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What Caused This????

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by shikhar10882, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    whoever when you find him, give him a kick on his A**
    Take it to TASS it will be easily fixed to its original shape.
  2. Loki

I've faced the same problem before. Random scratches coming out of nowhere and you go mad trying to think how it happened. A big star (carved out of stone) once appeared on my sister's 2 week old car. :mad:

Its a cultural issue also I think. I can imagine poor kids trying to steal stuff. But I've seen school-kids vandalising bikes/ cars on the way back home - tearing off stickers, making casual scratches, etc. We (+ parents/ Schools) should also teach children to respect other people's property.
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  3. mayank

mayank Amatore

prevention is to install a CCTV camera if you park your car either in front or on a visible place from your home!! It might be an expensive idea but sometimes if such things are happening again and again then thats a better thing to do. Same kind of things is happening with my gp as well! some people in the locality are so jealous that some moron hit a half brick on my gp's bonnet at night time..and there were 2 dents that i had to deal with..one was on bonnet and the other one was on the bumper!! I got it repaired from TASS costing spending around 3k. Now last week i saw another dent on the B pillar behind the driver door and i dont really know how is it gonna be fixed now without incurring much bucks(i dont want to replace the door)..!! There have also been two other tiny dents (cant be visible only if seen closely) as well one on the roof and on the bonnet..and to cope with this problem i have decided to install CCTv cameras at my home to catch that moron/s who is/are jealous of such mastrpiece :mad: don't know why people aren't really satisfied with the ones they have got and always try to spoil others :-? Is that another side effect of having an italian beauty in a locality full of dezires,swifts and indicas???:confused:
    2 people like this.
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

if you're parking you're car outside for the night then make sure you use a car cover. It solved the problem most of the times...
    Otherwise its just you're luck buddy..
    I have a black car and out of no where i saw a full length line from the headlights till the taillights . Worst part was that I never park my car out , It was this one day i did it and i got a gift..
    SICK PEOPLE live here as well.. so be careful
    1 person likes this.
  5. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Since its between the fender and door,i am pretty sure,its not an attempt to break,only a fool would do that,had it between the two doors,then it would have been the attempt to break in.
  6. @Ganges... taking a 1000 miles old beauty for a body work only scares me... worried (based on the various feedback on TASS at Team-Fiat & Team-BHP) that if you are not careful about it, there are chances that there will be a new scratch on the italian beauty every time it comes out of a TASS. so, I guess I will get it mended when she goes in for her first service after another 3500 kms.

@Loki: i couldn't agree with you more.. absolutely true. Unfortunately that 'road sense' including the respect for cars is going missing from the attitude of the people in general. What i mean to say is.. more and more people have started looking at their cars as mere means of transportation, which they will change in next 4-5 years.. so that love for cars is vanishing. besides, i feel, with a child on board, it becomes even more important for the parents to drive more sensibly, cause, they should remember that directly on indirectly, that 'road sense' is being taught to the chill as well. And, besides just making them know 'what should be done' it is more important to bring about an attitude that makes them do that. I.e., everyone knows the traffic rules, but still there is a group who constantly violate it.. so.. just knowing is not enuf, have to be implemented too...

@Mayank and theblack: CCTV could be good option, only problem, that my car is out only for couple of hours everyday.. i.e.., from the time i return from office to the time the other occupants of the building come back. I normally put my car in last as I am the first one to leave in the morning.. so.. my car is out for these two hours.. but daily..
    As a preventive measure from your suggestion, i have started putting her in, to be taken out when the other people come.. sure this arrangement calls for two extra rounds downstairs, but it at least keeps my Italian safer....
    About the car cover.. well very honestly, i did not even take the one being offered by the fiat as a complementary accessory.. reason??? I had managed to put many scratches on my Alto (swirl marks kind of things) just by regularly putting and taking out the car cover and did not want my jet to suffer the same fate...
    @Akshay4384: i keep a consensus with you Akshay.. that is what is hurting me.. why would anybody do this to this beauty??? Just because it is hard for people to see something of beauty exist?? (as narrated by Mayank??? in Post #13)!!!!
    1 person likes this.
  7. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    The very first day i bought my car it was shocking to see a scratch on the door side in the morning :A, then scratches on the glasses :sadblue parking in front of the gate makes it vulnerable to all types of punishment. Cause my baby could talk to express its pain and tell me who did it..
  8. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3
    Alas, we need to put up with these sorts of idiots on roads! Once I saw a black Honda City with scratch lines all around the car! Yes not even a single side was spared! It was intentional scratch marks. Right from hood to boot, doors etc! My heart cried for that owner!

Coming to body cover! Yes, you are right. I had a bad experience with my previous car (which was same as yours - Alto). Initially, with Punto also tried using the body cover but then started spotting few marks (like chequerd marks to be precise). Hence immeditately discontinued the use even though am tempted to use it at night. Is there specific quality of cover that we can buy to avoid these marks?
  9. Now... Actually that is a tough one. The dilema is, the one which are good in protection are actually the ones that cause the maximum scratches while putting and lifting... As they are the heavier and are made to weather all the weathers.... The lighter ones are not so good at protection... I do not know... Maybe we can try a heavy one and get the foam lining stitched on the inner side of the same... But (just thinking).. Washington that one would be a herculine task!!!
  10. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3

Did you ever get your fender or door repainted???if yes then they are not fixed properly after paint job and while opening and closing of doors,both fender and door touching each other and caused that puny dent.