1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What Caused This????

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by shikhar10882, Jun 28, 2012.

1. I woke up this morning and walked to my car... and.. ugh!!! found a new "DENT" on the car.:(:shocked..
    Since spotting it.. i am thinking, what could have caused it.. and so far have not been able to come to a conclusive possible cause:confused:...
    Need opinions..
    Any Idea what could have caused this?
    This is driver side.. door and fender...
    How it looked from 2 feet away.. as i approached the car!!!
    1.jpg

First Attention
    2.jpg

Closer look
    3.jpg

The other side..
    4.jpg

besides the possible cause, i would also like guidance on, how should the same be attended to?
  2. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    In my wildest thoughts, this looks like an attempt to break in ...he may not be aware that this is a built like tank.
    5 people like this.
  3. an intentional attempt it seemed to me too....
    the lack of scratches around the injury also second this opinion that it is intentional while the car was stationary (at some parking)...
    What an idiot... and that too between door and the fender.. and not the locking side of the door????
    need more inputs..
    besides..
    also on.. how to get this one attended to???
  4. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    +1 . That is what even i inferred after seeing the pictures. it looks like someone shoved a crowbar kind of tool in there.
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    are your door beadings fixed properly? for opening doors without keys first step is to remove the beadings..
  6. the beadings do not appear tempered at all..
    this is what puzzled me.. the two facts that:
    1. It is between the fender and the door and not the side where door handles are .. and
    2. There are no signage of any other tempering anywhere else in the area...
    make me think that it could be a child playing with stick in his hand... pushing and pulling it out thru the gaps...
    unfortunate..
    what are your opinions about getting it mended???
  7. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

can u post a picture a bit far..

as shikhar said.. it could be a possibility
  8. @thomman85....
    Sure.. here you go!!!

DSC07400 copy.jpg
  9. singh

singh Amatore

Mohali
    May be some kid Beggar , I have often seen these beggar kids aged 7-12 doing silly things like scraping paint , Taking the mirror out of ORVM , even breaking lights to take off bulb .
    Thats disheartening , few days back some one intentionally scraped a foot long mark on C pillar of my Punto .
  10. @Singh...
    That fits my suspicion as well.. this one has really hurt my jet...
    have no idea what fun people have in doing this..
    my friend's punt, while parked before his house, has some 'akash's' name scripted on it.. which the guy must have carved with a stone..
    hurts.. hurts deep.... but.. what is the prevention???
    1 person likes this.