1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What car ?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Extreme_Torque, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Extreme_Torque

I need to replace my ageing Fiat

My budge is about 4-5 lacs and my priorities are:

1. Good after sales
    2. Trouble free ownership
    3. Good build quality (not just Thud of doors, but how well the interior and parts is screwed together)
    4. Light controls and zippy in city traffic

1. Hyundai i10 Kappa2
    2. Hyundai i10 iRDE2
    3. Maruti WagonR (personal favourite)
    4. Cheverolet Beat

Please suggest.
  2. mescotc

mescotc Amatore

Boisar , Tarapur
    extreme-torque @ Being a fiat enthusiast , only a fiat can quench ur thirst, buy any fiat new gen. vehicle, In ur budget Punto 1.2/1.4 would suit best

They are really very well built , we'we seen thru our eyes , and "seeing is believing"

Go for it man , u won't regret !

3. Extreme_Torque

This time my priorities are more towards practicality.
    I find Fiats a tad challenging to drive, what with those long and heavy clutch, low visibility etc. etc.

I want a car that can transport me from home-office-home without tiring me, without stressing me.

Thats why looking to buy a no-nonsense hatchback.
  4. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi Extreme_Torque,
    I was looking at i10, Aveo-UVA , Indica Vista and Punto. But after driving Punto, dropped all the other options.
    BTW, which is ur current ride?

5. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    I would chose the Beat simply because of the awesome 3 year service package that GM gives !!

For Pt.A to Pt.B city commute my only criteria would be lowest cost of ownership. Plus the Beat has modern looks compared to the Wagon-R. Wagon-R looks boxy and bland.
  6. cliffhanger

cliffhanger Amatore

Wagon R - A non-sense car. Expect a big dent even if a bicycle just carasses your car. Well, it can take you from pt. A to pt. B, but even an auto rickshaw can do that. The interiors might be well put together, but where is the pleasure of being in a car?? Duh!!!!

i10 Kappa - This car has a good cabin, bad and bouncy ride, and worst handling. Just have a look at the punny OE tyres, you have to look twice to find some tread in them. Negatives aside, this car can be a good pt A to pt B commuter within city limits. But in highways, even a slightest of hard braking can make you lose control over the car. Simply put, i10 is very dangeros in Highways.

I will suggest Beat. It is well put togehter, handles better than its asian counter parts, and has better interiors too.

Maruti and Hyundai have crazily priced their cars. So rest All things equally matched, the value proportion favors Beat.
  7. Bala

Bala Esperto

I would suggest you to extend the budget a bit and go for a POLO or an ETIOS.
  8. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    From the shortlisted cars, I would pick the Hyundai i10. I don't know your budget but the BIG advantage of the i10 is that it's avaliable in A/T. That would be my pick!
  9. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Extreme_Torque. Seeing you here after a long time. Out of the cars you have mentioned, I would shortlist:

- Beat and
    - i10 kappa2.

I left out WagonR because of that flat and big front bumper alone. The looks of old WagonR were much better (subjective opinion).

- Design- Its the babe from the movie transformers movie. Very stylish and futuristic.
    - Gadgets- From Automatic Climate Control to electric mirrors. It packs some very good features.
    - Rear seat space. i10 felt better. I don't know what people meant by claustrophobic back seat. I find it good otherwise.
    - GM spare parts availability. I expect it to be good but have heard otherwise from 1-2 people.
    ?All round visibility? More blind spots as compared to i10.

i10 kappa2
    - decent design, decent cabin, good interiors, good features, option of automatic, Hyundai A.S.S. network, tried and tested car, availability of cheaper third party spares as well.

My pick would be Beat if I am the only person driving the car. If I expect it to be a family car and 4 people will be using it quite frequently, I will pick i10 kappa2.
  10. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

without any doubt go for Punto 1.2. its the only car on indian roads rest are all small cramped toys. ::D