1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What are your favourite picks from a restaurant menu?

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by sungoa2010, Jul 7, 2012.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Yesterday after ordering the food at Legacy of Bombay, the vegetarian restaurant at Hotel Fidalgo, I was analyzing our choice that we used to order same food for many times. The waiter will come and stand near the table for order and it will be some paneer dish or mashroom dish, from our list that contains not more than 4-5 favorite items. We are adventurous behind the wheels but, when it comes to food ordering, always keep away from trying some thing that is not in our safe list. I was wondering is it only with me or whether others also have the same type of preferences. So below I am giving my frequent picks from a food menu.So this thread is to share your choice also. It may lead us to expand our choice list

My choice for North indian veg : Kadai paneer/paneer Tikka/Paneer/butter masala/kadai mushroom and plain roti for me and Butter nan for my wive and son.
    South Indian : Idli/Vada, Masala/Rava Dosa. Veg Biriyani/Pulav

Chineese : I don't like Chinese but my wife and son order FR and noodles.

We usually look at all the items and it happens at most of the time that we end up ordering some of the items from the above list.
  2. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

Noida
    Starters: Veg Platter or Some type of cheesy kabab/paneer.

Main Course: Normally some panner curry like-kadai paneer,paneer butter masala etc and dal tadka or dal makhni.

Breads: Butter Nan or Tandoori Roti,My mum prefers missi roti.

Beverage: Some citrusy or creamy or fruity Mocktails.

Desserts: Some chocolate brownie/pastry but if we want to eat indian desert,we order Falooda or Kheer.
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  3. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Aah...memories...
    Have you tried Panipuri at Legacy of Bombay? Delicious. Though it's quite costly at Rs. 55 per plate (3 years back), 2 plates of Panipuri there used to be my choice after drinks & starters at their main joint (forgot the name).

On the subject of the thread, well, I'm quite "Desi" at my food choices :)

Never liked fancy dishes except for the most simple dishes.

Don't like anything else when Gujarati Thali is available at Home.

When at Restaurant, it's either Chhole Bhature or simple Pau Bhaji or Sada Dosa or something similar.

When I was in Goa in Baga-Calangute road, quite a few times I used to go to Rotlo ne Otlo, a Gujarati food joint.
    1 person likes this.
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Not yet tried. Next time I am not going to miss it:)