1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

What all things can make a tubeless tyre lose pressure?

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by renlouis, Sep 17, 2014.

1. renlouis

renlouis Amatore

Aleppey
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Can anybody help me to understand at what all occasions beep sounds are produced by the common air inflating machines at the fuel stations?

During operation, I heard multiple beeps not sure when are they produced. What I am aware is -

1. If any error occurs during operation the machine produces a beep.

2. On successfully setting the tyre pressure the machine produces a beep.

I heard one beep during operation but it was neither an error nor at successfully setting the pressure. Can you share when other beep sounds are produced?
  2. renlouis

renlouis Amatore

Aleppey
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guys, parking in sun can raise the tyre pressure? If so how much increase we can expect on a sunny day with moderate temperature? Does the raised pressure go down when the environment cools?
  3. renlouis

renlouis Amatore

Aleppey
    Grande Punto 1.3
    In the morning I set the tyre pressures to 32 PSI before going to FIAT service center far away from home for rectifying door locking issue. This visit was not for the coming first service; just to correct some issues. After getting the car back in the evening, on the following day the car was parked in sun from morning to afternoon. In the return trip started at night, initially itself I felt a bit stiffness in ride but never bothered a lot since there is no chance somebody setting tyre pressure other than me. Reached home midnight; took car in the morning to fuel it and checked tyre pressure to set to 32PSI again on the same machine which I got the pressures set to 32PSI a day back. Strangely I am surprised to see all the 4 tyres shows pressures 40 PSI except the spare one which had 32 PSI. Got the 4 tyres deflated to 32 PSI; I thought this time this pump I usually set pressure has lost accuracy recently, so I moved to a tyre shop and rechecked tyre pressure. They convinced the tyres now has 32 PSI. So now I suspect two things -

1. Guys, does parking in sun increase pressure to 8 PSI and stay on the same even after the environment cools?

2. The guy at FIAT service center has over inflated the tyres (most probably their equipment is not calibrated recently). Called the service adviser to enquire about, he was helpless to provide exact answer - he said only those cars brought to service are taken for checking tyre pressures and alignment.

Luckily my new tyres has run some 400 kms already I did not feel any issues in braking even on such high tyre pressures.
  4. renlouis

renlouis Amatore

Aleppey
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guys I finally found the reason - the digital inflator at the fuel pump always shows existing tyre pressure as 40 PSI :hilarious:, though it correctly set the pressure! I verified this by immediately checking air at a tyre shop. Also checked with my new Michelin digital guage and found pressure is accurately set. Peace of mind is restored.