1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Welcoming "Dynowhite": Our new Grande Punto 1.3 MJD Dynamic

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Pauleralil, Nov 13, 2012.

1. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

@Paul: Relax, it is just the rear brakes, due to the fact that the handbrake is engaged.
  2. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    Dynowhite complete 1 year and 18700kms

Today Dynowhite completed 1 year and ODO reading at 18700kms..

-Till date no major complaints but some very minor hiccups such issue with Central locking and 3/4 punctures
    -No major hits excepts for some scratches due to wretched bikers in bangalore
    -Stock condition excepts HL's upgrade to Osram Night Breaker..
    -Major scare was the Key breaking incident which at the end, we all had a good laugh..
    -Dyno has taken me & wife around in Bangalore w/o any hue and cry and been a best companion for all my long drives to Kochi/Kayamkulam from BLR
    -Still in love with its excellent brakes, steering feedback and body control

Have renewed her License to be on Road with TATA AIG 0% dep insurance plan and gifted her 1st PUC certificate yesterday.

Past few days while braking, I noticed that there is grinding noise from the front wheels.
    What could be the possible reasons? Have the brakepads gone kaput? Should i be visiting the SC!!
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ Congrats for completing one year association with your Punto. I still remember the day I saw you at KHT. It was D day of your Dyno and I was there to collect Ext Warranty papers. Its already a year! Time flies

Do get the brake pads and disks inspected.

Sent from my Lumia using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  4. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    In 1 year and 18 days of ownership...today completed 19000km with Dynowhite....
  5. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    my Fiats love with Coconut never seems to end.. This time Punto is hurt with a coconut falling on it roof.

Anyone knows a good place to get this dent fixed. I may not paint it instead i am planning to fix the dent, level it and have paste black vinyl on the roof..
  6. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Paul, sad to hear that. Did this happen outside office?

Anyway, goto trend Automobiles. They do PDT and can fix it at a fraction of the cost. They are near Pillar 48 of BETL. If you need more directions, feel free to ask me. Visit Rajan's ownership thread for a short review of the place.
  7. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    thanks DRIV3R.
    will definitely visit trend.

though I was sad to see this initially but afterwards I was okay thinking that now I can have the roof blackened and my folks at home wouldn't blame unnecessary spending.

but want to ensure the roof is back to the normal shape as earlier. Trend Automobiles inwill surely check as it is near my home.

Sent from Mobile Office device
  8. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    I called up Dinesh of trend yesterday and send the pics of the dented roof. He asked me to bring the car today morning which i did. He has started the work on today morning.
    Total Damage is Rs 1850 (Rs350 for Roof sheet removal and refitting and Rs 1500 for dent rectification).

Bloody coconut fell at a place which has the roll bar panel meets the roof sheet, due to which Dinesh said it is very tricky. Keeping my fingers crossed on the final outcome. will post the pics after the job is done.

Dinesh is from Irijalakuda, Kerala born and brought up in Bangalore. So Keralities heading to his place can speak in Malayalam. Saw him handling tamil English very nicely as well.
  9. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    Got my punto back after the patch up...

Before
    20131219_153550.jpg

20131219_153634.jpg

20131219_153636.jpg
    After
    20131220_152739.jpg

20131220_152743.jpg

20131220_152751.jpg