1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Welcoming "Dynowhite": Our new Grande Punto 1.3 MJD Dynamic

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Pauleralil, Nov 13, 2012.

1. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    2009 models came with dual horns. Then comes the cost cutting (2010-11), items axed included horns and speakers. Maybe 2012 models came with two horns again.

OT:The ford figo of my in-law has dual horn, but one should be really lucky to get both the horns working at the same time, only one works most of times, one has to listen to it to see if it's working!
  2. Yes 2012 models has 2 horns...As for figo whether they have dual horns or single the sound is pathetic..
  3. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    still now i have not the time to replace my horns.. will wait for vecto motors SC..
  4. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    i was out of station for a couple weeks. While driving around in my punto, I have found that the turn indicators do not stopping automatically as before even after you complete the turn and steer to the opposite direction. What could be the prob?

I had got the IRVM indicator from Red Soul replaced during my 1st service as it was not working properly. Now again the Red Soul reverse parking sensor has stopped working. I don't know why but this is turning out to be bad product being fitted into the vehicles...
  5. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  6. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    Thanks Punto_emotion. I think it is a minor problem. Will take her to Vecto on 5 or 6th and hopefully their SC will be open and get taste of their servicing as well.

Now Red Soul issue is to be sorted out :) Gonna call up Raj of Accessories dept in KHT as i took the delivery from there. Will update soon.
  7. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    The Red soul RPS was fixed the other day.. Good support from Red Soul's Murali and Raj of KHT though i had to confirm with murali twice about when the technician will come to my office. It was door step service and was issue was fixed in 10 mins. Blown up fuse was the culprit :)

Regarding the indicator stalk issue, I visited Vecto and met Praveen - SA. He inspected the car and mentioned they might have to replace the whole unit under warranty if required. They can ascertain this only after opening the unit. Vecto seems to be quite heavily loaded with bookings and are need of parts. They are expecting a container load of parts in next couple of weeks time. Hope to get this resolved by end of this month. Will need to check with Praveen next week.
  8. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    Last week i had a long drive to Kochi in my Dynowhite after around 4-5 months time. And Lord oh God" wasn't it nice". Absolutely fantastic experience.

Started from Bangalore at 5PM and reached Kochi at around 1.30 AM. There was quite some traffic at hosur due to the widening work being executed on the NH stretch. Apart from this the drive as effortless.Kept varying my speeds between 90-110kmph till salem. My first stop was @ Sree Saravana Bhavan after Salem at 8 PM. It is a very good place to have dinner with ample car parking space. Hit back on the road by 8.30 PM and by 10 i was in Coimbatore. The stretch between Avinashi and Karumathampatti is ok now though not 4 lane. After Karumathampatti you have to slow down drastically. due to bad roads and traffic. I stopped for a quick tea break after L& T road @ Hotel TamilNad just after the last toll both on to palakad side.

In 10 mins i was back burning my rubber and in no time reached Walayar. Surprisingly the road from walayar to palakad was in drivable condition and didnt slow me down a bit. I took the palakad bypass on route to Alathur and cruising at 80 -90 kmph when there was a big block just before the Junction where you take a right to Alathur. There was a terrible accident ahead with lorry smashing a APE auto and both had overturned. Not sure how the lorry overturned. I was not very sure of the condition of the driver and passengers in the auto and lorry when i passed through the small gap enough for a small car to pass. My prayers for them!!

I had heard that the Vadakencherry - thrissur stretch was really bad and hence decided to go via alathur- chelakara- cheruthurthy - thrissur. Man this is were i really really enjoyed the drive. It was later post 12 o clock and no ppl or traffic on this stretch. I decided to test my puntos handling capabilities and what a confidence building drive i had. Those who have taken this road will know what i speaking about with some really wierd twisties which if u miss will straightaway lead you to the paddy fields. Though i tried cornering hard, I had safety on priority. So was very careful during this stretch as kept the speed at acceptable levels to enjoy the curves while still testing the handling capabilities.. It was amazing and i am sure any other car would not give me the same feeling while taking those curves.

Was held by by police for routine checking who let me off in 2 mins after checking my documents and license. REally nice policemen and well behaved as well.

Once i reached thrissur i avoided the highway and instead took the Thrissur kodungaloor route to reach N. Paravoor( my home). I was spoilt by the punto on those curves and wanted more and Thrissur Kodungaloor stretch was filling.. Reached home by around 1.30 AM.

My trip to bangalore will be on my linea as she needs windshield change which i am planning to do in Vecto or Windshield experts. I am looking forward to that drive now :)
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  9. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ Thats a nice experience shared :up I believe one can take Waynad - Calicut route also right to reach Kochi from Blore? Of the two routes, which one is better?
  10. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    IF you want to enjoy nature - Wayanad else Salem route.

Alternately you can also try the Sathyamangalam route which joins at Coimbatore. Next trip would be that. Have heard lot of good reviews about that route but never tried till now.