1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Welcoming "Dynowhite": Our new Grande Punto 1.3 MJD Dynamic

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Pauleralil, Nov 13, 2012.

1. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Well, modern day MJDs are pre-run in. It requires no run in period. When I took delivery of my car, the SA told me that "no drive in needed sir, straight away you can rip" ::OO But, I followed a prudent method initially- Till 1500 kms, I drove my Punto MJD sedately. Never exceeded 90 kmph, Tried to be within 2000-2200 rpm band, varied RPMs while on a long drive. But after 1500 kms, boy! Could not hold back any more! After all who can hold back while driving a Fiat and that too on a highway! :evilsmile

For further details, you can refer this thread - http://www.teamfiat.co.in/pre-service-query/1598-run-period-fiat-engines.html
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  2. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Hi Paul, Nice write up.
    This shows your love for FIAT that you have gone for another FIAT and what a good decission it is :).

Do post more pictures of your ride. Wishing you a lot of happy miles on the Dynowhite.
  3. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    Thanks Raj. I am waiting for the Punto Linea Meetup coming sunday.. Will post loads of pics after that :)
  4. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    Ok.. few more updates.

Completed 1500km of running and dyno returned an overall mileage of 18-19km :clapping but some issues have cropped..
    1. The Electric output stopped working on the way back( i was using the carpad on the way home but, after that it stopped working)
    2. Even if the key is taken out, the windows can be rolled down.(this is really weird).
    3. Checked the tyre pressure and it was a whopping :shocked 40PSi.. Guess the Service guys dont check all these during delivery.

Please help me verify if the above are indeed issues or normal with Fiats.. should i visit the SC?
  5. Sunith

Sunith Amatore

Congrats on completing 1.5k kms :). Even i have done close to 1.3k on my new 1.3mjd.
    2. This is a feature in Fiat it is called Extended RAP(Retained accessory Power) in body electronics terminology. where until you open any of the doors the windows can be rolled up or down.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    So this is not a issue to be fixed:p. I was worried hell like would it drain the battery power.. I think i should spend more time on owners manual.

Thanks Sunith
    1 person likes this.
  7. mathuranuj

mathuranuj Amatore

Delhi
    Kewl... I didn't know about this feature. Another good feature by FIAT. Could be helpful in accidental or other emergencies...
  8. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Yeah Even in Corolla which i am driving in Kuwait, the Windows can be rolled down for some seconds after the key is removed, that it gets jammed, we need to insert the key to ON position to complete the process.
    I Guess the battery gives some sort of Back Up...
  9. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    The above issue has been sorted out.. was due to a blown up fuse which was rectified by KHT guys in a few minutes time.
    But the Electrical issues seems to continue.The reverse parking was not working and KHT team has assured to get this rectified at my doorstep.

Otherwise things have been quite good.. its almost 1800 kms on the odo now. a drive to kochi and back this weekend would make the fig touch 3.5k.
  10. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    Hi team,

Just booked my 1st service with KHT Motors on 24th Jan. I am running on 4400km now and by 23/24 i should reach 5000km mark. I have request for a pick up and drop facility.

Some of the minor things to be fixed at a glance:

The gears throws have bcome bit hard these days..
    Neck rest(FREE) to be fixed.
    New Horns to be Fixed

I am thoroughly dissatisfied with Fiat's horn. Though I would like to keep them for City while using the Stronger roots horn for highway rides:) Please tell me if some one has done horn fixing at KHT itself.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Also From can i source Illuminated Sil plates for my punto? Any idea on the cost aspects?