1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Welcoming "Dynowhite": Our new Grande Punto 1.3 MJD Dynamic

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Pauleralil, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    Even i was planning to do the same thing.. do let me know the cost of Michelin tyres and which shop you are going to choose.
  2. Fiatian

Fiatian Novizio

Bangalore
    I got tyres exchanged for Michelin EXM2 today, its from Michelin dealer per tyre cost 4600 and exchanged stock for 2300, the difference between both tyres is really noticeable.
    Michelin ride is smooth, it offer suspension of big sedan :wow where as stock ones are just disappointment. Fiat would have giving atleast 175/70/R14 for Punto :(
    I would suggest you to get alloys with 185/70/R14 michelin EXM2 for your Punto and have pleasure drive :steering

Cheers
    Santosh
    1 person likes this.
  3. Raghavan Kandala

Raghavan Kandala Timido

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats Fiatian on the new GP 1.3 Dynamic 2012. I own one and its 8 months old.

I didn't consider any upgrades when I bought the car because I went much over my budget. Also, I didn't drive much in these 8 months also (little over 3K) due to personal reasons.

I find the ride very bumpy sometimes and now I realise that it may be due to the tyres.

Did you get 2300 off per tyre ?

What size did you upgrade to ?

Did you fit the new tyres on the stock 14" rims ?

Where did you buy and got the tyres fixed ?

Cheers,
    Raghavan.
    1 person likes this.
  4. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Congratulations, Paulelil

Since you would have taken the delivery y'day and have not updated here, I assume that you're enjoying the drive !! :)
    1 person likes this.
  5. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    Hi Guys... sorry for delay. I will jot down the delivery experience by evening and post.. for the time being updating with a few pics

DSC03967.JPG
    DSC03958.JPG
    DSC03963.JPG
    DSC03960.JPG
    DSC03961.JPG
    DSC03964.JPG
    DSC03973.JPG

I took the delivery of the car on Saturday and had to immediately travel to Kottayam :)( not in my punto, but swift). Just reached back today morning.
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
    2 people like this.
  6. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Oh man! Small world! I was at KHT motors last Sat (17th Nov) to get my Extn Warranty and I was seated right opposite to you when you were talking to the sales person. I was around when you were mentioning that you need to travel to Kerala after delivery formalities! This is how I could recollect that you were the same person! :D Since I was in a hurry, left immediately after collecting my Exntd Warranty booklet and policy. Congrats for your new Punto. Happy and Safe motoring!
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  7. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    Man.. we missed a chance to meet up. hope we can next time :)
  8. ajayb

ajayb

Congratulations on your punto:).....May I know the deal provided by KHT motors...I am also planning to buy a punto dynamic very soon.......
  9. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    Got the standard offers
    Absolute pack ( insurance @50%, Sat Nav system, Punto door sil, floormat, contoured mud flaps) , Air freshner, Reverse Parking and body cover, KHT Motors Scratch Card.
  10. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    Initial impresssions..

I have only driven dyno for around 50km now..

Here is what i felt different
    1. Ground Clearance: massive improvement in confidence to take on the speedbreakers of Bangalore city..
    2. Steering feels to be much lighter when compared to Linea( may be bcoz of the lesser weight)
    3. Seating position: I have still not found the best seating position in my punto. Still adjusting it :(
    4. The ride seems to bit bumpy. hope to resolve it by a tyre upgrade to Michelin

FE figs are still very early to comment on but but the Average shows 12.2kmpl.

Other points:
    1. Keeping the speed limit to 60km. How many km is the runin period?