1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Welcoming "Dynowhite": Our new Grande Punto 1.3 MJD Dynamic

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by Pauleralil, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    A peek at the past:
    Its been almost 1 year since I have been part of the FIAT family with our TW Linea 1.3 MJD (E-Mo). Here is the ownership experience http://www.teamfiat.co.in/introduce-yourself/6116-new-oil-burner-block.html . Clocked over 27k as on 14 Nov 2012 and mostly driven around by my brother in kochi.

Few pics of our E-MO
    DSCN2397.JPG

Present:
    I work and live in Bangalore with my wifey and our Royal ride “The Beast” takes us around.

20121021_214348.jpg

The infamous traffic congestion, pollution and need for safe travel in Bangalore city got us thinking about getting a companion for “The Beast” to share the load of night outs and long distance travels (BLR – Kochi – BLR). Thus began the hunt for our 2nd car. Quickly jotted down a few must have features
    Requirements
    • Powerful Engine
    • Low running & maintenance cost
    • ABS ( Most important)
    • Power windows
    • Power steering
    • Good Build quality
    • Fog Lamps

Buying experience:
    My initial shortlists were the FIAT Punto, Etios, Ritz, Swift. Cars like i20, Polo, Fabia, Micra & pulse were only optional TDs. I have detailed my TD experience and dilemma of choosing another FIAT has been detailed in http://www.teamfiat.co.in/what-car/7983-2nd-fiat-into-family-how-many-you-would-consider-such-decision.html.
    Finally after all the TD’ing, we ended up with 2 cars Grande Punto 1.3 and RITZ VDI with ABS. Initially I had done the TD of the Punto but wifey was against the same interiors as that of our E-Mo and ride quality of the TD vehicle was not satisfactory. After TD’ing the 2012 RITZ, I was cornered by my better half to take the RITZ as it was costing less than punto, better resale value, comfortable seats and lots of space. I was not going let this down so easily and convinced her for another round of TD of Punto. We went to Concorde motors, Hosur road and SE (Rajesh) was helpful to get us the TD. We took the TD inside Nimhans empty stretch of road with lots of speed breakers. This small drive changed my wife’s mindset and I knew I had scored on all the right boxes. We check out the offers from Concorde for the month and leave. As final step, I call my friend (Fellow TFI’ian Dinesh who owns a Punto ) and let him know about his feedback and my plan. This guy always nails the deal and lays to rest my last concern of Resale value. He asks me 2 simple questions
    1. How many years to do you plan to keep the vehicle? along with a straight forward answer “if more than 4 years then Resale value of Punto and Ritz will be same”
    2. How many Punto’s have seen at a 2nd hand car shop:) ?
    Thus after allaying all my concerns, brainwashing my wifey ;) and comforted by comments of fellow TFI’ans with 2,3 and more FIATS ::T parked in their sheds we finally decide to go with the heart and choose the FIAT Punto 1.3 MJD Dynamic ( Bossa Nova White). Hurrahhhh….:clap

Booking & Deliver Experience
    I was not sure of Concorde because of Tata-Fiat breakup for Sales & Service and I had heard that KHT is coming up with an exclusive Showroom & Service center in Bangalore. I have to say that during all this long process there was this 1 guy( Sandesh – KHT Motors) who was extremely patient and gave me enough time to decide on the car. On 29 Oct I decide to book the punto with KHT and call up Sandesh. Right from the time I booked for the TD on KHT Website he was prompt in responding to all my queries. Sandesh agrees to come by my office at Koramangala to discuss the discount/offers for me after which I was supposed to give the booking amount. During our discussion I felt KHT was not offering what Concorde had offered. So I decided to not to book on that day and take it up with KHT team. I sent a mail to sales manager with CC to Adit on this regard. I was satisfied with their revised offer and decide to book on 2nd November. Meanwhile, I made documentation for loan ready. On Friday Nov 2nd Sandesh and Naveen( Finance guy) collects the booking amount & documents. From this point everything was pretty fast. I had decided to go with SBI car loan and boy wasn’t I surprised by the speed at which things happened. On 5th Naveen calls up says “sir your loan has been approved. Can we take the appointment on Wednesday to sign the agreement at SBI Mahadevapura Br. Also bring the original of the Passport/pan etc for verification purpose”. I was dumbstruck!! On Wednesday, 7 Nov me and wifey take a leave from office and head straight to KHT Motors, Kundanahalli.

Agenda for the day was
    1. Open the SBI Account
    2. Sign the SBI Loan Agreement
    3. PDI of the vehicle before invoicing
    4. Pay the down payment

12.45 sharp we reach the SBI at Mahadevapura along with Naveen. He asks us to wait for 5 mins before he disappeared inside the branch. After waiting for around 15 mins he emerges out with a form to open the SBI account. Another 10-15 mins we fill the form and in another 10 mins the account is opened. Now we are led to the Car Loan Section where we fill up the form 20, some 10-15 signatures of the agreement and few other processes. In Between Naveen asks us to complete the process and come to KHT while he gets the E-stamp to be submitted before delivery. Another 20 mins and the whole loan process is completed and we receive the sanction letter. Both of us were shell shocked with the speed at which SBI staff did the processing (Total of 1.30 hrs for Account opening & Loan Processing).
    Later after lunch we head to KHT Motors to meet our Punto for the very first time. Sandesh arranges for the PDI at the yard. Total of 4 Punto’s a May 2012, 2 July 2012 and 1 Aug 2012 model. I choose the Aug 2012 model
    Meet “Dynowhite“ (it’s weird name. I know that:mischievous)

DynoWhite.jpg

Dynowhite has been sent to registration today and we plan to take the delivery on Saturday, 17 Nov 2012. Can’t wait for first Vehicle we would own with our own money :dancing
    Delivery experience (Will be be adding this after delivery)
    8 people like this.
  2. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Congratulations on your new Punto! Happy motoring :)

KHT seems to provide better sales and service experience. Good for Bangaloreans! I have been interacting with Sandesh for some time now. He is a nice guy to deal with.
  3. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    Thanks Fiatlover.. My brother has most of the fun with our Linea.. I am looking forward to do some serious mile crunching with the Punto.

Yes!! I went to KHT specifically after reading the KHT thread on TFI and Adit's help to resolve service issues.
    Sandesh is indeed a good guy. But i have felt he needs some more energy :) may be my personal opinion.
  4. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    another 36hrs to bring the Italian beauty home . the wait is extruciating.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    My advance Congratulations to you. I think you are the only one to have both Punto and Linea in TFI to my knowledge. :)
    1 person likes this.
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Congrats for your new punto.
    winimation from Mumbai has punto 1.4 and Linea FTA MJD
    1 person likes this.
  7. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    Even read the same somewhere .. not sure if would be one with 2 MJD's in the house.:cool:

Yesterday night i couldnt sleep...another 24 hrs now:steering
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
  9. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    Got the vehicle registered. Number ends with 6287=5. My Father -in-law would be a happy man as he has this thing for No 5.

I wanted to get the number:97 same as my Bullet, but when i heard 25000 rs legal cost + bribes i backed out :)
  10. How much you paid for this number then??