1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Welcome to Team Fiat India Version 2!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by CountRock, Nov 15, 2011.

1. CountRock

CountRock Staff Member Janitor

Dallas, Texas
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Edit 13/12/11:
    Added a new feature "Reply to All" for PMs. Some Admins/Mods were requesting it :D

Also added PM Previews.

Hello All!

Welcome to the new and improved TFI!

As Amogh has mentioned! We have finally moved to server which can support my tinkering ::T While the site was migrating I started adding some new features. Also improved security since we have more control over the server.

Some new features you will like!
    1. New Like system, sorry cannot import the old likes! This one is here to stay! Introducing the "Likes Tree". It gives you an instant "birds-eye-view" of the "Likes" distribution in a thread, allowing you to *quickly* identify the most useful/important content, no matter how long the conversation is.
    2. Can even unlike a post now
    3. Major speed improvements in overall forum and searching
    4. Personalise your profile page! Check this out :D My Profile
    5. Improved editor
    6. Some major under the skin options added for future styling of the forum.
    7. Implemented URL Rewrite. Some of you have noticed the new URLs. If someone wants to goto the technical forum directly he can now type Technical
    8. We will be enabling a Custom Google search soon to return proper results. This cannot be implemented at this time since Google bot still have to crawl and index the new TFI!!

As with any upgrade, where could be something I missed. Do let me know if you get any kind error or you find something missing!

Any feedback/ideas would be most welcomed!

Enjoy and new and improved TFI!

Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
  2. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

CountRock you rock again ;). Thank you very much for all your efforts and all we TFI ans are enjoying every bit of it. :up
  3. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    But the site is still s-l-o-w.
  4. Srini

Srini Regolare

Even I am experiencing slowness.
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Countrock, excellent job. But a few points noted by me are as follows:
    - We can't stay signed in now. I have to Log in everytime even if I didn't log out last time.
    - After logging in, TFI doesn't redirect properly. It says "Invalid redirect link".
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    For me its working super fast :dancing
  7. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

@Yashik I am not facing any such problem. Even though it is not super fast for me, there is not much of a delay either. Did you try it with any other browser. Try clearing the browser cache & cookies.
  8. CountRock

CountRock Staff Member Janitor

Dallas, Texas
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Clear browser cache! should fix the problem.

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

Should not be, I have tested with the following ISPs:

Airtel Delhi, Airtel Pune, Vodafone 3G Pune, Tata Indicom Pune BSNL Pune, VSNL Mumbai.

Could be an issue with your ISP or you may have some background transfers going on!
  9. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

thanks a lot mods. i am just loving the new version. faster and more user friendly.

i remain logged in, i dont have to login again.
  10. Rajen

Rajen Regolare

New version is working fast on my office connection. Thanks a lot Mods and good job counterrock