1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Welcome NEW PUNTO

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by markrting_rohitm, Jan 27, 2014.

1. markrting_rohitm

markrting_rohitm Amatore

PHAGWARA
    Pls buy sonilex FM modulator with steering mounted controls and USB pen drive compatibility . price is rs 350/-. Snapdeal.com

Sent from my A12+ using Tapatalk
  2. mohanrav

mohanrav Novizio

Bangalore
    Congrats Rohit!!

Marketing in Profession, explains your negotiation skills.. :) Need some tips please :)
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The only option is to replace the factory fitted head unit if you want USB/AUX.

FM modulator can also be used but the location of cigar lighter/power socket is such that it causes hindrance while changing gears.
  4. markrting_rohitm

markrting_rohitm Amatore

PHAGWARA
    Mileage as per mid in first 2000 km is 17.4/- 1700 km on highway and 300 km city. Both without Ac. Comments pl

I travel in many cars. but I cruise in my PUNTO
    1 person likes this.
  5. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Its good. Slowly, mileage will increase and also you will learn how to extract better mileage and better performance. 17kmpl at initial stage is good. I was doing around 14kmpl at this stage.
  6. markrting_rohitm

markrting_rohitm Amatore

PHAGWARA
    Boss is the mid provide correct data.What is the ideal speed for initial 5000 km runDoes change in tyre size affect mileage, if yes then how.( from stock to 195-60-15)does change in tyre affect odo and speedo reading.if yes, then how
  7. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    - MID provides reasonably correct data. More importantly, it provides a reasonable consistent data. The best thing is to calculate FE manually once and co-relate it with MID. You will know the variation.

- There is no ideal speed for the first 5000km. I believe that for the first 1000km, drive the car under 3000rpm and under 80kmph, although modern engines do not require run in like old gen engines. Do not accelerate suddenly for first 1000km. Once in a while do take the engine to 3500rpm for 15-20 seconds every few days.

- The MID is calibrated according to the tyre size. When getting bigger tyres, make sure that the total change in circumference between the old and new tyre should be less than 2% (as close to zero as possible). If you have Punto Active with 165/80R14 tyres, it is best to upsize to 195/60R15 tyres with 98PCD, 15", 6J rims/alloys.

When moving from 165/80R14 to 195/60R15, the overall circumference reduces. So, the speedometer will show lesser reading. The odometer will spin a bit less than actual distance traveled. MID will show a bit lesser FE than with the same MID showing reading for 165/80R14. Correct me if I am wrong. Although these differences should be very small.

Click on the link below and click on "click to show tyre calculator". You can compare various tyre sizes.

Tyre Calculator | Tyre Size Calculator | Tire Calculator | Tire Size Calculator

tyrecalc.jpg
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
  8. markrting_rohitm

markrting_rohitm Amatore

PHAGWARA
    Great buddy. We travelled same distance in two cars from phagwara to gurdaspur. My k10 odo showed 123kms but my punto showed only 118 kms
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2014
  9. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Is the Alto k10 also having upsized tyres by the way?

I have upsized the tyres of Punto Active to 195/60R15. I will compare speedo and odometer with GPS reading and update.
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
  10. markrting_rohitm

markrting_rohitm Amatore

PHAGWARA
    No k10 is on stock. But sir alloys on my punto are 100 pcd. Anjaam kitna khatarnaak hoga