1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Weird steering problem in my new punto!

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD' started by puntofreak, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Ashish, completly agree to your concen but what would you say that a 1crore rupee plus Range Rover actaully had a malfunctioned Steering?
    Anyone would say that this is a odd situation, same way there are users in this Forum having Linea/Punto cars since 2008/2009 and we have users who picked up there cars in 2014, if this is was a know issue there would have been a thread on this, even the FASS guys didn't know how to fix the issue at first which can tell that even they have never come across this, I just wish @ puntofreak just share a review on how the problem occured and how it got resolved so that we can get educated of this problem.
  2. puntofreak

puntofreak Novizio

Odisha
    Bhubaneswar
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guys, I am really sorry if I have written anything against the community.

I have bought punto mjd because I love the vehicle. I love the looks since the day it was launched. I love the way people praise about it, love the way it performs.

But if you face an accident within a week of your purchase (I'd posted a thread on it in what car section), can be better described by people who have experienced this. Though it was neither my fault nor the car's. But it feels bad.

Again if you face such steering issue alongwith others which I've already mentioned in a very new car, how would you feel? Every car can have issues, but when it's your car, your reaction would certainly change. I would ask people who serve for private sector companies like me, how much free time you get and how many times can you take your car to service station when you have multiple issues. Anyway, I presume, it's my bad luck.

Regarding the steering problem I have already mentioned in the first post. I took it to the service station in Bhubaneswar with lot of care at a slower speed. They inspected the car and tried to search for the problem. I had seen one of the technicians tightening something for almost 5-10 mins under the right front wheel. I tried to know the problem, but they did not mention. They said, there was no problem. It was my feeling. I was really astonished :eek: by their answer. Then I drove my car, it was perfectly fine. However I still do not have enough confidence on the steering to drive at a higher speed.

Now I will only rectify all issues in the first service. I have actually learned to live with it :) . I hope I will get free time this sunday and definitely post some pictures.
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  3. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    That's good to hear @Puntofreak, just a suggestion, can you drop an email to the Fiat, service.India@fiat.com and give the full details, they will set an appointment with your ASS and then you can get a complete inspection done, It would take a little time to forget the horrfying incident but if this issue is resolved and never corps back you wouldn't even rememeber this again.
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Please understand, your steering issue is not common, so it was tough for anyone to reply, without full information.
    Do you still get loose connetion feeling? If not, don't worry and drive. Yes in first service, make sure they check this again and demand full details.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Dont learn to live with it. Seriously! :)

It's your right as a customer to have a perfect running car especially for a new car. As suggested earlier why don't you post your experience with Fiat. You never know if your email can do good for yourself and others in future. From your description it looks like the wheel alignment was adjusted. But not letting you know as a customer what exactly was done is simply wrong. Why did'nt you demand an explanation. Be polite yet stern in your query. Tell them it is your right to know what the problem was. Have they opened a job card? Speak to their manager again.

Please test you car at high speed on straight empty stretches and see if the problem persists. The car must steer straight at high speeds without pulling. If the problem persists maybe you may want to show it to a good wheel alignment and balancing center and take a computerised report from their machine.
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2014