1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Weird sound from my Linea 1.4 FIRE

Discussion in 'Technical' started by OCTANE, Sep 3, 2013.

1. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    If u have hit the bottom of the car somewhere it can be engine touching the stone guard and creating the noise.It happened in my car.you can take the car to FASS and get it checked.
    1 person likes this.
  2. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Your engine guard is touching the silencer. I m pretty sure about this. Just pull the guard plate down and this sound will be gone.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  3. OCTANE

OCTANE Amatore

Cochin
    I think it's the engine guard itself. Also the sound is more near the lower grill. The only mystery is why didn't this sound come up on that day itself and instead cropped up after lying idle for almost a week. I have hit my cars underbelly many times but the last one was a minor one. Have got the for booking for Thursday at Hyson so will update the reason then.
  4. OCTANE

OCTANE Amatore

Cochin
    Need help guys. The issue is not with the engine guard. Took my car to hyson today and checked many things but the sound still remains. The engine guard was bent so it was taken out and straightened but that's not the cause. Also today found another behaviour. If I rev my car to around 3-4k in neutral and suddenly take the foot off the A pedal it produces a distinct and pretty loud 'prah prah' sound. It repeats for around 3 times and then when the revs reach the normal rpm the other prrr sound comes in. I haven't changed my spark plugs yet and they are saying that might be the cause. Car runs absolutely fine as there is no difference in performance, no warnings and no additional vibrations. Some other niggles that were present has been sorted out to my satisfaction but this sound is now making me afraid. The prr sound that is present while idling can't be identified if the fan is on. But the other sound that comes in while revving suddenly is very audible and is similar to some old sports car. They have asked to bring the car tomorrow again so that the spark plugs can be changed. Pour in your thoughts guys. I am hoping it is not something serious.
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  5. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Any damage possibly to the silencer?:confused:

6. OCTANE

OCTANE Amatore

Cochin
    But the sound is coming from front. If there's an issue with the silencer the sound should be from back right?
  7. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    No. The silencer runs right through from under the engine bay to rear.

1 person likes this.
  8. OCTANE

OCTANE Amatore

Cochin
    In that case I will ask them to check the silencer thoroughly once again today. What else are other possibilities? Can the old spark plugs be a cause? There's no difference in cars performance so I am not sure whether they are the reason.
  9. Linear

Linear Amatore

Thane
    Just to clarify - the silencer is somewhere below the rear portion of the car. However, the exhaust piping runs all the way from engine to the exhaust tip. A leakage anywhere between the engine & silencer can result in loud engine noise.
    1 person likes this.
  10. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Yeah. Thx for that clarification. So, whatever its called , check if that pipe is cracked.