1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Weekend out:- Kuntala waterfalles and & SriRamsagar Reservoir trip.

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by BoseSuman, Aug 12, 2012.

1. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Dear All,
    Just returned from weekend out from Hyderabad. We went to see Kuntala waterfalles & SriRamsagar Reservoir.

Kuntala waterfalles are very adjacent to NH7 enroute to Adilababd from Hyderabad.

It's are very scenic and full in rainy season.

Total Diatance:- 570 km returned. Hyderabad to Kuntala:- 20.53 km/l with 110-120 kmph(283 km). Then returnin velocity was 120-130kmph. Total milage over the trip 18.8 km/l for total 570 km.
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
  2. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Linea 1.3
    Enjoy the Pics:-

NH7:- Hyderabad to Adilabad route:-
    NH7-1.JPG
    NH7-2.JPG

Various Pics:-
    Pics-1.jpg
    Pics-2.JPG
    Pics-3.JPG
    Pics-4.jpg
    Pics-5.jpg

Kuntala Waterfalls:- turn right from Neerdi Gonda (on NH7). 10.5 km from Neerdi Gonda.

Pics-6.JPG
    Pics-7.JPG
    Pics-8.jpg
    Pics-9.jpg
    Pics-10.JPG

SriRamsagar reservoir:-

Pics-11.JPG
    Pics-12.JPG

Total Trip ( sorry for poor quality):-
    Pics-13.JPG
    Pics-14.JPG
    Pics-15.JPG
    Pics-16.JPG
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
    3 people like this.
  3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    I had travelled many times on this route to Mancherial via Karimnagar in APSRTC Garuda in 2007/8. Excellent road. BTW, is bathing allowed in Kuntala waterfalls?
    1 person likes this.
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    NH-7 is a bliss to drive.. One of the very few times i actually commend the govt for their efforts to satisfy the public and that's probably one of the very few roads in india where the top speed you can hit is definied "Only" by that thing under the bonnet and nothing else... ;-)
  5. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Linea 1.3
    Ravi Ji, NH7 is same bliss as NH5-NH60 I travelled till Kharagpur. Bathing is allowed in Kuntala.

My Phone GPS showed me to go inside Nirmal town, when I saw Kuntala was 30 Km away in bord, suddenly the road joined in NH7:eek:. We left NH7 and went through Nirmal. Road is ok but not good.

It is advisable to go till Neerdi Gonda Village on NH7 and then take a Right turn, One Small bord indicating Kuntala is 10.5 km away and right turn symbol mentioned. If you can take food along with you it will be better. Road side dhaba's are available, for good food you have to enter in Nirmal.

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

TheBlack, I usually drive at velocity 110-120, max 130, not more than that ( only on road like NH7, NH5, NH60 till KGP), so I can achieve 85-90 kmph Avg Speed. That is preety much good to maintain time properly.

Yesterday I drove 120-130 kmph and got avg speed of 85 kmph. Govt has done really good job in these type of NH. Come to Hyderabad and check the road from Gachibowli to Airport ( check the bangalore & vijayawada diversion road too). You can't differentiate USA road with it :).
    1 person likes this.