1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Weather i can add subwoofer in Punto Emotion,with out changing the head.

Discussion in 'Modifications & Tuning' started by ashokgroy121, Apr 1, 2012.

1. ashokgroy121

I have a JBL GT5-12 model sub-woofer and JBL 2-channel amp from my earlier car.Now i bought a new full option Punto,I would like to know weather i can install my sub-woofer in the current head(factory fitted)of the Punto.
  2. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

yes u can add the sub woofer to the existing head unit along with the two channel amp. But i would advise you to change the existing speakers too as the sound output would not be great to meet with your woofer standards
  3. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    But you have to bridge it. Coz stock HU doesn't have RCA output.
    So I am not sure about quality of S/W output.

In addition to that you have to replace stock speakers also.
  4. Anish_A

Yes it can be done. I have it done in my Friends Punto also. In his case we changed the speakers added the 4 channel Amp and then the 10" sub.

The existing head unit gets connecte d to a RCA out and one extra RCA is also used.

The RCA out get connected to the speakers through the AMP and other RCA out is also connected to the Amp and then the SUB.

Having said this the output is not all that heavenly although it sounds and feels good. cos of the default head Unit which is not all that favourable for high end Music.

So you can go with the default omes you have.