1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Weak Air conditioner in Punto 1.3 MJD Active

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by sanfiat, Jul 1, 2014.

1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    You see its no big deal. You have explained much in detail. These minor typos can be understood. I get spell check in browser in my laptop but not in my desktop, need to figure that out for myself. :)

On the topic of desiccant, I am just thinking what material is used, I think it must be silica gel, unless there is risk of contamination within passenger compartment. The bags are technically named as Molecular Sieves containing the granules.

Also any idea if and when the compressor oil can be changed. More often than not this small quantity of oil dries up and kills the compressor, besides the compressor clutch of course.
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Yes oil does breakdown over time and its the reason why most old compressor fails, its good to use best oil available.
    I get the complete system charged once in 3-4 years for all air conditioners in house and cars must be the reason why our 10 year old shit bluestar ac compressor is still working.
    1 person likes this.