1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Weak AC performance

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Ranjeet, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Ranjeet

Ranjeet Novizio

kanpur
    MP
    Linea 1.4
    I own a linea 2014 T-jet. I feel my AC is not very effective. At afternoons(35-40C temp), AC takes a lot of time to cool the cabin even at 'LO' setting of auto AC. Is my AC weak or its a characteristics of Fiat?
  2. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Pune
    @Ranjeet I too have 2014 Linea T-Jet (May Purchase) and till date have not faced weak AC issue. As a matter of fact on my both long trips I had to keep the ACC temperature setting higher as cabin was getting chilled. Suggest to get it checked with FASS.
  3. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    With an ambient temperature of 40C , any AC will struggle. Keep in mind that you're aiming for a 24-25C differential between inside and outside temps, which is a lot. Darker cars parked in the sun are even more difficult to cool. What helps is driving with the windows down and the blower at higher speeds for 5-7 minutes and then rolling the windows up.
  4. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    The pollen filter should be blocked,search in the forum as to how to clean it and your problem is solved.
    Even my A/C is very in effective and is very suffocating inside inspite of the fact that the car went for service only a couple of months back.Since my car is going to a free service camp at Puduchery tomorrow I have decided to get it done there.
    Did you guys get the call for a free check up from Fiat?