1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

We call her Punti with love...

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by rajesh.bolde, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Last month i did a 600kms trip to my native. I would like to share few things about my trip.

The trip in my Punti was a blast. The maximum speed touched was 170. It could have been more if my wife would not have intervened and asked me to slow down.

Observed mileage was : 19kml. Since it was mostly 100 to 110 kmph.

Problems & niggles : absolutely none.

Since this was the first time my father and mother were seeing my Punti, i was excited and at the same time i was little bit nervous because it was my father who was against my decision to purchase a used Fiat punto. Their impression soon changed. I can see smile on the face of my father when he first looked at my punti.
    Incidentally it was in his Fiat premier padmini, i learnt how to drive the car and to take my father for a spin in my FIAT, it was truly wonderful. There are no words to explain that excitement. Initially my father was sitting in the passenger seat because he wanted to see how it feels sitting in that place. After few kilometers soon his reaction was can we change our seats?.. Then it all started.. my father started driving the car and i was just observing his reaction.. it was unbelievable. he was so happy that i purchased this FIAT car. Just 2 days back he had driven Maruti swift and he was insisting me to purchase that car. His opinion about FIAT completely changed after driving it for 1hr. He had called few of his friends to show my car.. all in all it was indeed a very happy moment..

I am uploading few pictures ..

11 people like this.
  2. XLR8er

XLR8er Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    You have made a right decision mate.
    If you had another car you drive that car. But now your Punti Drives you.
    Have a lot of happy miles ahead. Cheers.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Linea T-Jet
    Congrats Rajesh.

I know it was proud moment for you. i can feel the excitement from your words. wishing you many more fiatastic miles and moments ahead.

Admiration Continues
  4. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Congratulations Rajesh on your 90hp
    Its a proud moment when somebody praises your Ride more than you,Happy miles with smiles.
    Enjoy Driving 90hp Beast.
  5. adigabnp

adigabnp Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats Rajesh. Enjoy the Punti.
    Incidentally, I too call my dear one as "Punti" and not Punto. :)
    1 person likes this.
  6. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Nice write up dear friend, very evident that it is straight from the heart :cool:

Wishing you many happy miles with your GP.

Take care.

7. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Lucky of you have a long distant native, you could drive down all the time ;)

Congrats btw.
  8. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Great, AS someone specailly your Dad praises your choice, The chest expands.....
    Hope the swift owners will sonn be converted to FIATians
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Congratulations mate on the 90 hp scorcher. The colour really looks special on the car.

Did you say 170 speed? on which roads?

Now that the car has been blessed by your parents, more so the reason to enjoy the car.

Happy mile crunching and drive safely (within speed limits)
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    Well we know that our parents always wish the best for us. Especially fathers will want to take decisions or make suggestions than make sense mind over heart, due to their practical nature. It was therefore wonderful that especially your father liked it. Coming from PAL Padmini to Maruti, he could not have ignored the simplicity and quick and easy drive that marutis offered on city roads, added with simpler to maintain and better resale; one can see very well why he wanted you to be safe than sorry while making any decision. Hope I am correct in this regard :p

But the one point you can always defend your decision in family and friends is the safety and handling of Fiat cars that is best on offer in this price range. Couple that with the fact that it's as original as a car gets; with most important aspects of the car being developed under one roof by a single group of entities/companies falling under Fiat umbrella. The Punti as you call it or Lineas have certain dynamics of a race car limited by extreme peak power figures in SDEs but not performance for such a great hatchback, offering the best of both worlds for a passenger car come sprinter/racer.. :D

Drive safe and keep speed beep set to 110kmph and try to maintain that speed on highways when possible. :) I think the 90hp will offer best mileage if you can cruise at that speed. Would like to hear the story of your purchase, the price (if you don't mind) and negotiations pertaining to the same. Thanx for sharing.