1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Wayanad trip , need suggestions

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by bsrej, Dec 12, 2013.

1. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi Friends,

I am planning for a trip to Wayanad during Christmas Holidays. Will be staying there for 2 or 3 days with family. I am considering two route options from Chennai.

1. Chennai - Krishnagiri- Bangalore - Mysore - Sultan Bathery.
    2. Chennai - Salem - Bhavani - Sathyamangalam - Chamarajanagara - Sultan Bathery.

The second route seems be bit longer by some 20 odd KMs. I have done the mysore route (till mysore) in October, want to know about Mysore - Sultan Bathery strech. Since I have done that just two months back, I am more inclined to take the second option :smile:

Has anybody here done any of these routes in recent past ? I would like here your opinion about both these options. Please help :anyone

I would also like to hear from you about some good hotel/resort/stay options. I believe we have a wealth of knowledge/experience in our forum itself and would love to take your suggestions :up
  2. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    I stayed at Haritagiri, Kalpetta. Rating - Decent. Clean, good hospitality and good food.
    Plus point : They wash your car every morning.
    1 person likes this.
  3. C_S

C_S Amatore

Bangalore
    Hi,

I stayed at the Stream Valley Cottages on a Tree Hut(2 years back). The experience was good. The resort was still not 100% built at that time, it may now be complete.
    Food was good, and lots of greenery. They also have a Jeep service(paid) to go around places where our cars cannot go. And Yes, they wash the car as well... Hope this helps.

Best
    CS
    1 person likes this.
  4. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
    2 people like this.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  6. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

I have done the Sathy - Chamarajanagara stretch while I went on a drive to Coimbatore from Bangalore and back. You can enjoy the roads with the Jet, and there are no tolls. You get to climb Dhimbam ghats as well. But, it is fully 2 laned. Traffic though sparse is mostly lorries. The route is entirely scenic.
    1 person likes this.
  7. C_S

C_S Amatore

Bangalore
    This route is a wonderful for a drive,. Do it early mornings and avoid late evenings and night... Sometimes the ghats can be dangerous at night.
    1 person likes this.
  8. nitinjd

nitinjd Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    1 person likes this.
  9. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    I am checking with them. Do you have any contacts there ?

- - - Merged Post - - -

Does it have dividers or just 2 lanes ? Its good to hear that traffic will be less. Last year, I have done Ooty and boy those ghat roads were crowded in the afternoon :eek:.

I am planning to do it around noon. I will be starting early morning from chennai, hoping to reach there by 12.00 PM.

-
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  10. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    For stay you can look at Blooms Green Farm in Kenichira. It's a big farm and has some wonderful hospitality when I stayed last time. Food was also good and there was plenty of open space.
    1 person likes this.