1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Waxoyl treatment for new linea t-jet

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by tibetti, Dec 31, 2014.

1. tibetti

tibetti Timido

Pune
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi,

I am getting a new line t-jet in jan 2015.
    The dealer is insisting on waxoyl treatment chasis coating underbody coating engine coating and what not.

I am not game for it.
    Has anybody in this forum got it done for a new linea and is it required, personally I feel not required at all.

Cheers
    tibetti

Happy New year to Team Fiat
    prabhjot likes this.
  2. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    I agree with you, though if you'll be in a coastal area in the future, maybe?

Welcome, btw, keep posting!
  3. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    First of All, Congrats for the choice , a great one at that , @tibetti !
    Welcome to TFI.

You can clearly say no to any accessories or in your case the waxoyl treatment. Which dealer is this?

You can anyways do it later , if requires.
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Pune
    @tibetti Nice choice. Well IMO underbody coating & engine bay coating can be done. Underbody coating will give additional protection from flying stones or pebbles plus has an advantage of dampening the road noise further, although its actual purpose is not met in Pune (being dry climate). For engine bay coating, advantage is that rodents nuisance is avoided as these fellas don't bite on stuff which is coated ;). I had felt pains of this nuisance in my Alto and hence I strongly recommend folks to get engine bay coated.
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Now the rodent angle is making me think...though dont stay in coastal area...rodents are everywhere....

Is this same as the underbody coating provided by 3M? How is it applied in the engine bay area?
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Underbody coating or engine or engine bay coatings are best applied when clean. So when new it is best time to apply, rather than applying after some tar or other reactive dust and metal particles cling to the underbody. You should ask for some warranty on this treatment. Eitherways a complete underbody wash will be needed once again, but by an large everything should be fresh for a new car. Get it done now, no point going for it after corrosion starts. Also make sure it is done thoroughly. Even some weak spots could lead to corrosion and render the treatment useless.
    miteshpunjani and kunwar.g like this.
  7. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Pune
    yes this is provided by 3M. They do spray the coat using spray gun onto metallic parts & wires in engine bay. This also helps to keep off thr stain marks that we see in engine bay for a car ageing more than 5 years.
    kunwar.g likes this.
  8. tibetti

tibetti Timido

Pune
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi Everybody,

A very Happy New year to all of you at Team Fiat. I do not stay in coastal area, I am from Pune Magarpatta City.
    The dealer is jai Vijay motors. I feel all these are not required, but if I change my mind and do agree to go for underbody coating, is it a good idea to get it from the dealer (who will outsource some other party) or should I get it done from say a 3M centre.
  9. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    i think it will be better to have all these stuff at a 3M centre within a week of taking delivery.
  10. miteshpunjani

miteshpunjani Amatore

vadodara-gujarat
    I completely Agree. In my case the dealer Bhaskara got it done through 3M only. I had got the engine bay and underbody coating with 5 years warranty. They check the coating every 6 months and re apply a coat in case it is peeled off. I had got it done before taking the delivery.