1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Wats the best way to protect Exterior

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by georgjoe, Mar 8, 2011.

1. georgjoe

georgjoe

Hi All,
    Wats thebestand cheapest way to proetct your cars exterior paint shine from sun and dust.
    Is Teflon coating a Value for money as its costly or is ther some other
    Please advice some methods in claenaing and polishing and also some good brands of polishises which is cheap and good.
  2. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3

i have got my car teflon coated.which doesn't makes sense to me...i mean its like utter waste of money..that coat shines remain for couple of days then again it comes to the normal shine.bloody paid some 2000k for that coating(as said by the fellow this will remove all minor swirl marks and scratches) but after 2 days i saw all those scratches and marks getting back to normal,as how it was B4 coat...

i had got it done from a accessory shop in lajpat car market..

regarding polishing and waxing plz to through this thread :cool :cool

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1199&start=50
  3. georgjoe

georgjoe

Thanks Varoon for the resposne
    I also got sam efeedback as teflon will not work for indian conditions
  4. vinz

vinz

IXE
    By keepin the in the air conditioned garage and not takin it out lol! just kiddin.
  5. I use the good quality liquid wax(Sonax) once month, it keeps the car fresh after weekly plain water wash.
    -Sat
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Best is plain water water wash and routine waxing(once in 2 or three months). Have a shampoo wash before next waxing.
  7. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    A monthly shampoo wash ..
    A quarterly waxing and polishing ...

Should help in keeping the exterior in good nick .

The treatment from 3M [detailing] sounds promising ... Removes small scrathes swirl marks etc . A waste for new cars !!!
  8. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I agree. I didnt do teflon coating though the dealer tried all he can to convince me to go for it. My car is 20 months now. I use plain water to wash the car. And, I don't use any shampoo nor did I do any waxing. The paint looks new even now.
  9. jaisha8

jaisha8

Thrissur
    I got my linea wax/ polished at a professional car cleaning station. I am doing it in 2 years. But I could really see the difference. He polished half the bonnet and left the half and showed me the difference. Mine is a Vocal white colour and the unpolished side was more brownish in colour due to he dirt and dust. Whereas the polished side was whitish colour, very shiny and the metallich finish was clearly visible. So I would suggest getting the car polished once a year at a professional service centre would keep our car in perfect health in the exteriors. They charged me Rs. 1500/-. But if you see Rs. 1500/- over a period of 2 years is not a big amount isnt it?
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  10. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Bombay
    Grande Punto 1.4