1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Water leakage inside a week old 300Km run Punto

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by muni, Dec 11, 2011.

1. muni

muni

Bangalore
    All,

Am having a pretty serious problem.

I have noticed this problem today when I took my week old Punto to a longish drive. Am not sure whether it was there from day one since delivery.

It is very much possible that it was there from day one and i accidentally noticed this during the highway drive as the floor mats( free ones given by Fiat guys) were faltering and I had to remove my footwear so that my slippers wouldnt get stuck.

I have found the driver side and the rear part totally damp and am wondering what part has given way.

I am suspecting that the AC vent ducting/tube/pipe must be the culprit. The question is why would that start leaking so much. are they supposed to behave that way.

The passenger side and the rear side seems ito be alright.

AC seems to be working alright or may be i cannot say for sure as Bangalore weather is pretty cool these days.

I did get some ICE done, Horn Changed, Arm Rest, Sunfilm, Navigation system installed but I doubt these have got anything to do with this issue.

The ICE wiring was done on the passenger side and I dont remember any wiring drawn from that side.

The Damp carpet covering the body and mats would definitely smell if left like that as I dont drive usually during the week.

I stay in Bangalore and can you pls help what should I be doing. Would the service guys take the car or I have to take it to the service Centre(IT would be really difficult to take it to the service centre during the week days :().
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    That's sad. Everytime, I see a thread about a car as new as yours, I seriously feel very bad.

Regarding all the mod jobs done, ICE, horn, arm rest et al, there is no job for which they needed to do any drilling procedure except the arm rest. So my first question is that whether any drilling was done at any time in your car, esp during armrest installation?
  3. muni

muni

Bangalore
    I dint see/hear any drilling done at Concorde motors when I got the armrest fitted yesterday. I incidentally washed my car today but with all windows closed. Is it possible that there is some water that is entering into the cabin through the driver side as this link suggests. It says rusting and other things which are not to be expected in a new Punto.

06 Grande Punto water leak a design fault?

I need to take some pics ( can be done tomorrow only). Any pointers about how to get the service guys to work on this without me having to go to the showroom and not wait till the weekend when am free.