1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Water entered cabin space

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by gklc811, Nov 16, 2015.

1. gklc811

gklc811 Novizio

Chennai
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Hi All,
    Water entered inside the cabin and the floor is entirely wet.
    My questions
    -> Will it cause any rusting issues in the floor?
    -> any easy procedures to dry it.
    -> Should i take it to the FASC?
  2. Pervindra

Pervindra Timido

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hi gklc811,

This could be related to your AC drainage pipe,check if its spilling the water inside the cabin.

Regards,
    Pervindra
  3. gklc811

gklc811 Novizio

Chennai
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Will check that Pervindra.
    But there was heavy water clogging in the roads.
    And i drove into them with overconfience:-(.
  4. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    if your car was standing still for long period of time with wheels half submeged, then water may have entered and entire floor should be wet...it happened to me...go to service center they will dry the floor.

Also this could be due to the AC drainage pipe, which is a common problem in Punto, it will be fixed in warranty....
    gklc811 likes this.
  5. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @gklc811,

Kindly take the car to the service center to have the entire floor and carpet dried up. Yes, in case there is moisture for too long the area may be prone to rust, so its better to take the needed precaution now.

Also, lets thank your stars as nothing major like a hydrostatic lock happened which could have resulted in engine seizure when you drove through that water pool.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    gklc811 and Raaz like this.
  6. ViPr

ViPr Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @PradeepM it looks like I had a escape from this hydrostatic lock. Due to heavy rains I drove my Punto through a water pool. I pushed it with higher rpms, I had driven it for some 10+ kms. Then after refuelling whenever I tried to start it, it displayed 'Check Engine' message continuously. I drove to FASS with moderate speed as advised by SC guys which was about 15Kms and they found that moisture sensor near Air Intake detected presence of water. They cleared the error log and cleaned the air filter compartment. This resolved the issue.
    prashantgupta84, Raaz and PradeepM like this.
  7. Subhendusc

Subhendusc Amatore

Kolkata
    Kolkata
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Dry the floor of your white Avvy as quickly as possible. First remove the physical water if inside with cloth/ duster. Then take it to any FASS to have a service / cleaning. They will dry the moisture.
    gklc811 likes this.
  8. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    Some of my personal observations are as follows.

1. Keep yourself sufficiently hidrated.
    2. Do not hesitate to use horn on the turns.
    3. Keep the car at higher RPM in a lower gear rather than at lower RPM in a higher gear while climbing the ghats. The extra torque always comes handy.
    4. While driving in the dark / night time, preferably use fog lamps rather than headlamps. The headlamps can directly blind the oncoming traffic especially due to slope angle.
    5. While descending, never keep the car in neutral. It may increase the mileage but its very risky.

All the best and enjoy...
    antony1405, Murphy_Fiat and Iyu like this.
  9. Subhendusc

Subhendusc Amatore

Kolkata
    Kolkata
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Anyone here who has gone to Bhutan ?
  10. KPR

KPR Regolare

TN
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    One more important aspect is engine braking. Always try to keep the car in second gear while descending down. This will ensure the control over speedy descends.