1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Warranty and reverse camera for Fiat Linea 2012 Emotion Diesel Multijet

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Abdul Manaf, Jan 11, 2015.

1. Abdul Manaf

Abdul Manaf Timido

Malappuram
    Malappuram
    Linea 1.4
    Hi,

I bought one Fiat Linea 2012 Model Emotion 42000Kms..
    How much is the Warranty for this model ?

Where can I get the reverse camera for this model ? From the dealer how much does it costs?
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Warranty depends on the Extended Warranty as per the original owner. You need to take it to nearest FASC as soon as you buy. Within a week or 10 days of buying (registering with RTO) you have to inform Fiat and also update your name in the system DMS, failing which the extended warranty may not be honored. Also warranty depends on the prior service history if done as per schedule/book at specified interval.

Reverse Camera price of camera + Display 4.3" (after-market) is approx Rs. 3500/- plus installation. Sometimes some shopkeepers do it free or for negligible prices. Ask Fiat dealer what solution they have and the price for the same, could be priced more.
  3. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @Abdul Manaf, please note that Fiat may nullify your warranty if you install reverse parking camera. It's not a standard fitment provided by Fiat, hence this issue. I also wanted to get this for my recently bought Linea and hence, wrote to Fiat who intimated me about warranty. I am still in discussions with them and asked them to provide atleast 1 option from the below:
    1. Either they provide it as a standard fitment. [Will not happen soon]
    2. Get the dealer install it and Fiat suggests that it will not void the warranty.

After my suggestion, they asked me to send details of my car and myself which I had sent them last week. I haven't heard back till now and just sent them a reminder. I will post an update once I get them. sorry for making this a little tricky for you but thought it's good that you are aware of this.
    platinumshine likes this.
  4. Abdul Manaf

Abdul Manaf Timido

Malappuram
    Malappuram
    Linea 1.4
    Thank You Guys for your reply

Warranty : When I checked with the Service Center they told warranty for 2012 is only 2 years..I need your comments from any 2012 owners..
    Reverse Camera: Any Good Brands ??
  5. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    yes....i own a punto 2012 one with 2+2 warranty

when the new warranty for 3+2 years was introduced in 2013, i asked FASS whether i can change my warranty to 3+ 2 from 2 +2 but they declined politely.

I believe for the other manufacturers also they won't change the warranty policy which we has been in force when the car is bought by the customer, they can increase or decrease the warranty period based on market conditions.

Thanks
  6. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @Abdul Manaf, wanted to bring to your attention the update I got from Fiat.
    "We got reply for our concern team that we don’t approve the fitment. Any fitment from market/dealer for non genuine accessories is customer/fitting agency’s liability."
    For now, I am holding off on the fitment as it has been just over 3 months of my purchase and do not want to give away the warranty.
  7. Abdul Manaf

Abdul Manaf Timido

Malappuram
    Malappuram
    Linea 1.4
    Mine Warranty already Expired So I hope I can proceed
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @Saket Sidana meanwhile try getting the rear parking sensors installed from dealer. They might not have approved a Camera vendor/brand for selling via dealerships.
  9. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    @asimpleson, thanks. The Emotion variant of the facelift version has the sensors as an OE fitment already.
    asimpleson likes this.