1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Warnings on MID; BCM problem?

Discussion in 'Technical' started by mahen.jnk, Oct 24, 2013.

1. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I drive a Figo when I am in Kerala. All doors unlock the moment I turn off the engine.
    My Punto doesn't. After turning of the engine, central locking is open only by pulling the lever from either front doors. I thought the automatic unlocking when turning off the engine poses a risk in certain situations like this. Robbers stopping the car in the night on Bangalore roads. All doors will be open the moment the car is switched off.
  2. Gokulk

Gokulk Novizio

CHENNAI
    So Fiatians do you say it a feature or some error as said by Ravi
  3. mahen.jnk

mahen.jnk Novizio

Hyderabad
    Now Butta Automotive, Hyderabad says BCM is not covered under extended warranty. Fiat warranty expired just 3 months back. Anybody from this forum got BCM replaced under extended warranty? My car was always serviced at FASS as per the schedule.

-mj
  4. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    AFAIK, It should be covered. Check the EW booklet

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk
  5. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    I have own 2009 GP EP and 2012 Linea Dynamic, it doesn't unlock if you turn off the ignition...it's a manual process.
    i believe there is something wrong or someone programmed it as a test feature in the factory... Usually some cars do go out of factory as real life mules to check the feedback..open secret...

I remember when I owned TVS Champ in Hubli back in 1990's the front and back breaks came with break switch which lit up break lights on the tail lamp upon pressing the break levers.

my Friend who bought same model after 6 months didn't have this feature.... He checked with the dealer (Ratnakar Automobiles Hubli) and they made fun of him that TVS doesnt come with that feature !! Neither they have any idea.
    his tail light didn't have the slot either to fix another bulb where as mine had it...
  6. mahen.jnk

mahen.jnk Novizio

Hyderabad
    EW booklet says "body computers" are covered. I am going to take a copy of it to the service station tomorrow. Hope they don'e give a different meaning to the "body computers".
  7. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Im thinking that the SA looked up in the air and shot at bullet that it is not covered. Never ever trust them for anything.

If your service history is clean, nothing should stop u from getting the EW approved.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk
  8. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    My front left dim light and rear left parking is not working. I got it chkd from electrician and there is no current.... accoeding to FSC the BCM problem. The electrician tried connecting direct feom the right dim light bulb.... but both switching off.... After connceting. Now mu another method is try to get the BCM repaired as one guy in Andheri is doin.
    Any body tried.... this