1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Warnings on MID; BCM problem?

Discussion in 'Technical' started by mahen.jnk, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Then may be there was some issue earlier, door doesn't get automatically opened even you switch-off engine, in any variant of Punto.
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    The doors do get unlocked in my Jet, when the engine is turned off. Must be a Linea specific feature. Surprised that it is not available in the Punto

Rajan
  3. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Both our Puntos and the 2013 Linea T Jet I TDed do not unlock doors if key is taken out of the slot. Just the cabin lights turn on.
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    So in traffic, if you stop car, its gets unlocked each time?
    I am not sure to say its feature, or error :). Seems highly inconvenience thing to me.
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Oops. My mistake. Just went to the parking lot and checked. The car does not unlock, after turning the engine off and extracting the key. Wonder why I thought it did.

Never experienced this is traffic. I always drive the car with A/C on and windows closed and never switch the engine off while waiting in traffic.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  6. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2

If this is feature(engine off results unlocking) then in my car it is missing for past two years :rolleyes: and speed locking is actually a feature which can be set through MENU option provided.

Please get it checked from FASS
  7. mahen.jnk

mahen.jnk Novizio

Hyderabad
    My Punto MJD EP is 2011 May manufactured and it used to unlock the doors after ignition turned off or key removed. I don't remember unlocking the doors myself even once since I bought it in 2011 August till this problem came up recently. If this happened only in may car then..may be I thought this defect as a feature..common among software engineers :)
  8. Sathish_UPS

Sathish_UPS Novizio

Bangalore
    If I remember correctly, initially [2009] my car doors used to unlock once we switch off the engine @ the same time rear passengers cannot open the locked door.

About 3~4 months before I realized that doors are not getting unlocked by itself once we switch off the engine & also rear passengers were able to open the locked doors on the move. Anybody facing similar issue?
  9. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    All doors on my punto can be opened at any time (even when the car is on the move). The only way to avoid opening of the rear door (when children are in the rear seat) is to use the child lock.
  10. vipinpradeep

vipinpradeep Amatore

malappuram,kerala
    mine is linea 1.3 mjd emotion...in that too the doors wot get unlocked when i turn off the engine or remove the key...so i think its not a linea specific feature..dont know abt t-jets..

- - - Merged Post - - -

mine is linea 1.3 mjd emotion...in that too the doors wot get unlocked when i turn off the engine or remove the key...so i think its not a linea specific feature..dont know abt t-jets..

- - - Merged Post - - -