1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Warning light indicator in cluster at start-up

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by atulkumbhar, Apr 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. atulkumbhar

atulkumbhar Amatore

PIMPRI, PUNE
    Pimpri
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Friends,
    I need a small help. 2 days ago yesterday i got my Punto repaired at Sky Moto Akurdi for suspension warranty work.
    And i think they have also updated the cluster software after which, when ever i am switching car keys to ON before applying ignition a indication of exclamation with triangle in amber color glows :confused:and in 2 to 3 seconds it goes off.
    Can any one let me know what is this indication for, as i asked the SA Mr.Nition from Sky moto he replied he is not aware of the indication:eek: but this is now present in all 2013 FIAT models he said. Also he said it is now due to the new software updated in the cluster.
    I am worried if any issue is there in car as i tried searching in the forms but not found much details. Also tried searching in website http://www.fiatforum.com but didnt found any thing.

- - - Merged Post - - -

car.JPG

image of cluster
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
  2. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Check in the vehicle manual. It contains all the telltale signs and seriousness of them. Report to FASS accordingly.

All the best!
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    As per manual, this is under "GENERIC FAILURE INDICATION" and could be due to so many reasons.
    • Engine oil pressure sensor failure
    • Fuel cut-off switch tripped
    • External light fault
    • Diesel filter failure

Error.jpg
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    The error will show on examiner. Ask SC to connect to OBD to check for error messages.
  5. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Hi, Since you say that the particular light goes off in 2 to 3 seconds, I think it's quite normal. Whenever you turn the key to MAR position before ignition, all the lights would come up for 2 seconds and then go off automatically. That's kind of a self check. You must be concerned if that light remains ON even after ignition. Hope that's not the case.
    2 people like this.
  6. atulkumbhar

atulkumbhar Amatore

PIMPRI, PUNE
    Pimpri
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi pdydeva,
    Yes i agree that when we turn the key to MAR position all the lights turns on, But before handing over my car to Sky Moto this light was not getting on when the key was switched to MAR position.
    Also as i said the SA said in all 2013 cars this lights glows do any one recognized it uptill now?
  7. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    It must be a new feature of the "updated software". No need to worry if goes off after 2-3 seconds.
  8. atulkumbhar

atulkumbhar Amatore

PIMPRI, PUNE
    Pimpri
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ok, then.

Thanks
  9. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Thats completely normal Atul. All the warning lights comeup and will vanish in couple of seconds. It is a good practice to start the car after all the warning lights and are off.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.