1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Wanted Fiat Punto / Palio 14" Steel Rims

Discussion in 'TFI Classifieds' started by Ilango, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Ilango

Ilango Timido

Pune / Neyveli
    Pune
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Hi,
    I am looking for upsizing the 13" Fiat Palio Stile tyres to 14".
    So, looking for an used set of 14" steel rims from a Palio or Punto.
    Location: Pune. Willing to pay courier charges if out of Pune.
    Thank you.

-Ilango
  2. RaviInTfi

RaviInTfi Novizio

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Just my two cents:Would suggest you to buy new rims and wheel caps from 99rpm.com. It does not cost much over used ones and would have peace of mind that nothing has been rusted.

Btw, is yours a palio stile 1.6 or multiject. If not, I would suggest that you up-size with alloys only. I did the same upgrade you plan to my Palio 1.2 and the added weight of steel wheels affects acceleration ( because of the smaller low-end torque), braking (brake pads might wear out sooner) and handling! Good luck with your upgrade :)
    Ilango and Raaz like this.
  3. Ilango

Ilango Timido

Pune / Neyveli
    Pune
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Hi Ravin, It is for a colleague. I think we ll end up booking them from 99rpm only. It is a Palio Stile petrol. Agreed with your statement, but tight in budget. Cant afford a set of alloys at the moment.
    -Ilango
  4. Ilango

Ilango Timido

Pune / Neyveli
    Pune
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Hi,
    Ordered 14" Punto rims + wheel covers from 99rpm.com, tyres Bridgestone S290 165/70R14 from Snapdeal, Dunlop tubeless tyre valves from ebay. Waiting for arrival of all stuff. New year holidays seem to delay shipment though.
  5. RaviInTfi

RaviInTfi Novizio

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I wonder if the size 175/65R14 was not available ? Could have a been a better choice I guess..
  6. Ilango

Ilango Timido

Pune / Neyveli
    Pune
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Yes, could have been. But didn't want a wider tyre than the OE spec. That's why ordered the 165 profile.