1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

WANTED : 15" steel rims for Linea

Discussion in 'TFI Classifieds' started by opendro, Nov 14, 2014.

1. opendro

opendro Timido

Bangalore
    I have damaged all the four alloys of my Linea over time (going to be 6 years and 70,000 km of abuse in all kinds of roads). If I buy new alloys rims, I would go for 16". I don't drive as much as I cycle these days and the tires should easily last for a couple more years. So, I don't want to buy the 16" rims and waste the money on tires right now.

If anyone is upgrading their 15" steel rims, I can buy them. I can buy single piece or a set of four.

If anyone wants the damaged alloy wheels (they still don't wobble till 100 kmph), I can give them away free. I still do 120 comfortably with some vibrations on the steering. I no longer touch 160s with them, just not confident enough.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    How much steel rims costs in dealership? I think it should not be costly, you can try to find out the cost.
    Earlier, Punto 14" rim cost was ~800 only.
  3. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    I bought 4 Linea RIMS for 3996/- at Vecto Motors. And Linea Active wheel caps for Rs352 per piece.
    This is still the best combo compared to Alloys. Mine done just 22000kms and two rims are already bent.
    Better to buy new rims instead used ones.
    Just FYI.
    Ravi likes this.
  4. opendro

opendro Timido

Bangalore
    Does Vecto Motors do the tire fitment - removing from old rims and putting on the new rims too? I think I will go for the new ones itself. Hopefully, I can negotiate some on the balancing!
  5. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    Dont get it done from Vecto. Better go for tyre shops like Madhus/Tyre Empire/Sai Iyengars/Tyre Professionals/Cherrys etc.
    They will do pretty decent job. Also, get the wheel caps.
    Note: For buying over the counter, FASS will open job card. Buy both rims and wheel caps at a time.
    Just for fitting wheel caps I was charged 350 at Vecto Singasandra as Vecto Mysore did not had wheel caps while buying.
  6. opendro

opendro Timido

Bangalore
    I still haven't purchased the steel rims. I have been in a confusion whether to go for 15" alloys with 195/65 tires or 16" alloys with 205/55 tires. I know that 205/55 is what I want for a better handling. But I plan to take the car to all kinds of roads, which was exactly why all my alloys got damaged in the first place. So, 195/65 is what would make a safer choice.

Now the question is: what is the best deal anyone has ever got on 15" OEM FIAT alloys (Punto/Linea/whatever)? If I don't get a good offer, I'm thinking of going for the after market from alloywheelsindia.com. Any suggestions, please.
  7. anilwithu

anilwithu Novizio

Chennai,Vijayawada,Hyderabad
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I am looking for Fiat linea 15'' alloy wheels.If any selling please reply me back ...
  8. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Anybody wants new showroom removed 14 inch Punto steel wheels? contact me

Abdul
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Contact Kava Auto. Number on forum.
  10. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    my alloys are damaged too, did a math and felt no point in buying fresh alloys.

downgraded to 15" steel rims + tyres + fitment - total damages - 30K (GY Eagle F1 GSD3 195/65 R15 91V)

My 16" tyres are run only 20K KMS, not a single puncture GY Eagle F1 GSD3 205/55 R16 91 V, how much i can sell these for?