1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Want to change stock tyres & rim

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Stallion, Dec 22, 2010.

1. I changed my tyres to Yokoshoma db series.
    each tyre costed 4900rs.
  2. issac

issac Timido

I was planning to get my Punto Emotion new shoes :p , currenlty thinking to get her the standard Emotion Pk alloy wheels which is 195/60 R15 Alloy Wheels from Fiat itself.

*Should I go for the Emotion Pack 195/60 R15 Alloy Wheels or should I stick with my current tyre size i.e 165/80 R14 and get her 14 inch alloys from outside?
    *Would there be much of a mileage difference if moving to 195/60 R15, since the tyre width increases by 30mm?
    *While checking in one of the tyre sites 195/60 R15 has lesser ground clearence compared to 165/80 R14, is this correct?
    *Is the Fiat OEM Alloys better than the ones available outside?

Please advice.
  3. 4 alloys from FIAT will cost you 40000/- plus and 4 tyres.. another 28K... if you are ready for that then you can go ahead with FIAT alloys.

Getting 14" from outside will be a better deal since you have lots of designs to choose from.

Mileage not an issue.. since I am getting around 23 kmpl on highways with AC on and with full load.

GC will come down a little.

I am using Original alloys on my car for the last 2 years and touchwood... no damage done till date but there are some people who have damaged their alloys within 3 months of buying. All depends on your driving style.
    1 person likes this.
  4. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Supremely valid points romi bro
  5. issac

issac Timido

Thanks Romi, this was quite helpful.
  6. Anytime.............. :up

Whatever I am learning is from you all.......... :dancing
  7. varin11

varin11 Superiore

U should go for the tire size other then prescribed by the manufacturer as it may adversely affect the other car parts and performance.
  8. mike-fiat

tyre upgrade suggestion

i changed my tyres from stock R-195/60 TO Yokohama R-195/65. The drive is much better and the ground clearance by approx 10 mm. has made a huge difference so i suggest you try the same. If your car is new then new tyres will give you a good exchange price when upgrading. Plus u dont have to change the alloys.