1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Want to buy Punto MJD EP but......

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by mahen.jnk, May 28, 2011.

1. mahen.jnk

mahen.jnk Novizio

Hyderabad
    Booked Linea MJD EP

I booked Linea MJD EP from Malik Cars, Hyd with a condition that I might still go back to Punto MJD EP. I need to confirm this to the dealer in next couple of days.:confused:

I don't know the reason but the sales guy is discouriging me from 90hp punto. He is suggesting me to go for Linea else 76hp punto. I TDed 76hp and found it to be OK except for that boomy sound at higher rpms.

I scraped the linea thrice durig the test drive; twice over the speed breakers and once when I steered it to left over the road marging for parking; No damage done but still it is going to be annoying scraping the bottom during every drive. I drove Fiesta, Ikon, City sedans before but had GC issues only with City. I disn't check the specs but looks like Linea GC is worse than City.

I found the below +/- over each other;Punto and Linea.

Linea
    +Gorgeous looks
    +Sedan
    + Driving position and Visibility
    +Interiors
    +Boot Space
    -Parking/Reversing
    -2.5L costlier than Punto
    -Ground clearance
    -Mileage
    Punto
    +2.5L cheaper
    +Parking//Reversing
    +Mileage
    +Ground clearance
    -Driving position/Visibility

Are there any niggles in Linea over Punto other then Mileage, GC and parking/reversing difficulties being a sedan with large turning radius?

Need your inputs guys?

-M
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I'm quite confused as to why you put a (-)before mileage.

Linea MJD's fuel efficiency figures are class beating. I got 24kmpl highway when the car was run just 500kms. In city if i can keep my right foot in check , then 18+ is easily achievable.

Since you've already booked the Linea MJD EP , so that's really the best option you can go for from the FIAT stable.

If you want to revert back to Punto , then the 90hp GP is the one you should go for. I'm sure the sales guy would have some personal motives in discouraging you. But ultimately , it's your call. If you put your foot down and say you want the 90, they cannot refuse you.

Compared to the 76bhp, i'd pick the 90 one anytime.

So it's really your call. Whether you're okay with spending the extra and buying the Linea or you wanna save up some cash and get the Punto 90 MJD. Ofcourse , Linea is a proper sedan , and GP is a hatch.

And Linea MJD GC= 161mm
    Linea TJET GC=170mm
    ANHC GC= 160mm. Plus , Honda didn't give it a engine guard, because it'll increase weight and price. :D

FIAT has given the Linea/Punto engine guards. So that even if you scrape the car , the bottom of your engine area would be safe.

Gurjinder.
  3. Nikhil Goel

Nikhil Goel Amatore

I dont know who the hell is spreading news of bankruptcy of FIAT, its not at all possible.
    Tell them that what FIAT hold in INDIA is Heart for almost all cars and beautiful series like Punt's & LINEA. Worldwide FIAT has lot of big brands in its stable like
    FERRARI, ABRATH, LANCIA

Some key points:
    1. Fiat (not including Chrysler) is the world's ninth largest carmaker as well as Italy's largest carmaker.
    2. Fiat Group automotive companies include Ferrari S.p.A. and Maserati S.p.A. The Fiat Group Automobiles S.p.A. companies include: Abarth & C. S.p.A., Alfa Romeo Automobiles S.p.A., Fiat Automobiles S.p.A., Fiat Professional and Lancia Automobiles S.p.A.. Ferrari S.p.A. is 85% owned by the Fiat Group.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat