1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Want to buy Punto MJD EP but......

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by mahen.jnk, May 28, 2011.

1. mahen.jnk

mahen.jnk Novizio

76HP or 90HP

I am again in the dilemma, this time over 76HP or 90HP? If the additional 25K is not an issue which one is a better buy? I drive mostly in city but not necessarily B2B and once or twice in a year long drives on highway. In city, it is mostly driven by my wife as I walk to office. My office is just next lane to my home:smile:. Which is better in terms of drivability, FE? Apart from engine are there any other differences between the two? Sales guy said there are no other differences but I found chrome finished door handles on 90HP version.

Though there were several threads on this most of them were specific to the individual requirement. So I am posting the question again.

2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    I think feature wise, only difference is Chrome on door handle and Seat is stitched in Red for 90HP.
  3. Axn

Axn Regolare

Although I am late to ur thread.... nevertheless....Welcome to TFI, buddy.

Go for 90 BHP. You will not regret. It is ahead of its time car. Super Engine and legendary chasis coupled with best suspension in its class. I bought my EPK in June 2009, just when it was launched. Zero regrets and bountiful of smiles that is wht car is all abt. Mine is 75 hp version but 90 is different league altogether.
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I will ask you to take decision yourself by doing some tests

1) Go to the showroom start both the cars one by another & feel the difference.
    2) Come outside the car & listen the voice of the engine 90HP has less noise as compared to 76HP.
    3) You will be a proud owner of INDIA's powerful diesel hatchback if you buy a 90HP Punto.
    4) You will chrome handles, 90HP tag on the car. These are the only accessories where you can differentiate 76 & 90 HP Punto.
    5) There are some disadvantages. You dont have limited color options in 90HP Punto. ( Medium Grey, White, Red, Tuscon Wine, Fox Traut Azure ):uh
    My personal vote goes to Punto 90HP if your budget allow & as you said it allows you. :steering
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2011
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Go for the 90 Mahen.

City, highway driveability would be better . Plus , as per the ARAI figures, the fuel efficiency of the 90 is higher than the 75 model. Although by only 0.1kmpl :p

6. drarvindc

In my case my father pushed for 90 hp saying one should go for latest available engine and especially if its from Fiat stable. You have stretched your budget well, dont stop now...stretch it bit more, won't hurt and get the powerful of the two engines.

Fiat itself calls it "India's Most powerful Diesel hatchback"

7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Totally agree to the Jayadev. Hydrabad guys please suggest any good dealer and service center to Mahen so that it will help him to take decision.
  8. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

90HP is VGT vs. FGT in 75 HP. This should mean (based on what I have read on other threads) that the 90 HP engine:
    - Offers more consistent / linear power delivery across the rev band. Means better drive-ability. This difference would be more apparent when you drive at higher rpms, esp. on highways.
    - Offers the latest technology and may offer better refinement as well as fuel efficiency.

I think these are enough reasons to go for 90HP.
  9. mahen.jnk

mahen.jnk Novizio

I TDed both 76HP and 90HP but one week apart. So I couldn't really compare or feel
    the difference except for lower NVH levels and more linear acceleration in 90HP.

Thanks for all the responses. I think I can go for 90HP. I will update you guys after
    paying advance. Both Tejaswi Motors and Malik cars of Hyderabad promised the delivery in one week after paying advance. I will go with either one of them unless TFIans recommend one.

10. mahen
    tejaswi gives you better offers during the sales when you intend to buy a new car.
    its better you buy from them.
    malik is like they give you what all fiat offers and mats, mud flaps extra. thats it.
    nothing more. you can bargain at tejaswi though