1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Want to buy Linea MJD But need GC of T-Jet+

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by vinay rathore, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Better confirm with Fiat directly. Dealers will not have exact information.
  2. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Ravi,

I think using of bigger wheels may not affect the warranty as it is a modification that fiat has done it themselves to increase the GC. The lower GC is a concern that Fiat owners have been sufering and the company is yet to respond to existing owners. So if the owners themselves do this and enjoy the higher GC, i dont think FIAT would really meddle and spoil the comfort, but for them to offer new set of wheels would be very expensive and that is why they are mum about it.
    However a word with FIAT would be in order and it would be worthwhile to convince them about this step that some owners would like to do and save the company some money. :wink:

Abdul
  3. As per my experience it takes some time for a person to adjust to Linea GC.Once you get used to your car behaviour you'll know where and when to stop so you don't scrap the under body on a speed bump.The engine guard that comes with Linea is pretty good and i don't see engine getting damaged due to GC.If one maintains tire pressure as recommended by FIAT(32 PSI Cold) the under body gets scraped rarely.
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    the FIAT OE alloys are of very high quality. i know its overpriced a bit, but they are the only ones which look cool on the car. i dont think few mm of GC will help you clearing all bumps. you need to master negotiating the bumps...but for that you need to scrape some :)