1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Want to buy Linea MJD But need GC of T-Jet+

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by vinay rathore, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Hi guys! I want to buy another Linea Emotion But want to increase ground clearance. Do you have any idea about 16”elloys that are available with T-Jet+. If it is possible then I will buy Linea Emotion MJD then change 15”steel to 16”Elloys.
    Though I know GC will increase marginally, only 5 mm I guess, but 166mm gc will be significant.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I believe this should quite possible as the chassis and suspension set-up is same.
  3. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    But you will be spending a BOMB on those alloys !! The normal 15" ones that we get with the Linea & Punto cost something like 11k a piece (thats 45k for a set of four)

I can only imagine how expensive these 16" alloys will be.

You will be better off buying a T-Jet+ instead ;)
  4. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yea buy a Tjet Plus Instead...
  5. yeasterday took test drive if Linea T-jet. car was brand new, only 32km was on odmeter.As you all know fiat's engine takes time to open up,so the the pickup was almost like my MJD engine ::pP,which has crossed 31k mark.I think after 5k it will show its true colour.Thats why, I guess it failed to impress me :lol:
    just kidding.
  6. Any idea about after market 16"elloys?
  7. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    16" aftermarket alloys costing between 20-35k depanding on brand type(finish) and and yes it is difficult to find 98pcd and 16"tyre starting range around 4000 per pc
  8. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

U sure should be kidding...
  9. sharma_sanjeevin

sharma_sanjeevin Regolare

Mumbai
    @Vinay, Same requirement was put by my 2 colleagues who are planning to buy the Linea MJD E+.

We enquired from the dealer and they told, that the Warranty will be void if we put the 16" Inchers from the T-Jet. Is the dealer right ?

As i suppose the Suspension setup is the same in the MJD & the T-Jet. Any information on the suspension of the two guys ? kindly share.
  10. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    FIAT is stupid at this aspect that they don't think about releasing OEM products to the accessories store and make money.

They think that they will reserve OEM HU, 16" alloys, Linea armrest etc. only for the higher variants. Many people are satisfied with lower variants+ 1 or 2 goodies from higher variant. FIAT expect them to upgrade to higher variant just to have those things.