1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Waiting for my beauty

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Advait Samant, May 17, 2011.

1. Advait Samant

Advait Samant

Pune
    Hello,

I have booked Linea Emotion Pack 1.4 and waiting for it to arrive.
    After driving santro for 3 yrs then Swift, again for 3 yrs the only car that satisfied me in Sedan was Linea(options i had- manza, Vento) . I hope i'll not be turned down.

I am reading the forums and found it very useful.

I have following queries -
    1. PDI list - I went through one of the post that has Punto PDI. Is there a Linea PDI available?

2. I am planning to go for 3M sun films. In Pune, they have showroom and trained staff. Following is the quote i received. Do let me know if i should consider something else?
    Side and Rear (RE50) - 4990/-
    Front (CR70) - 7500/-

some of the forums suggest Engine coat and Teflon coat is not required for Linea. So I am not thinking about it right now? However it will cost ~4000/- so i am biased if i should get it done.

I think i have asked too much in introduction section, will post my queries in other sections.

Thanks,
    Advait
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Welcome aboard and congrats on booking the Linea. Which color is it?

As for the PDI, checklist, i'd suggest a reading of this thread. It applies to both Linea and Punto.

And, avoid the teflon coating. Its not worth it, even if its for free.

Have a great stay here.

Gurjinder.
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Advait, welcome to TFI and congrats.
    Well the PDI checklist applies to both Punto and Linea. Just that you need to check a few extra things present in Linea i.e. rear sun curtain, front and rear armrest, electric boot release buttons, 2 small LEDs in the front cabin lamp assembly, rear cabin light and sunglass holder.
  4. Advait Samant

Advait Samant

Pune
    Thanks for sharing PDI and extra checks and ofcourse for the warm welcome.

I have booked Bosa Nova white. Will get delivery around 25th.
    Regarding teflon, though i am still not sure, if i decide to, i'll get it done from 3M. No free sun films/coating on my beauty :p
  5. Hi Advait, congrats and welcome to TFI.

Say No to Teflon. You may head to 3M for the paint protection treatment for new cars. That would be better but not mandatory.

3M sunfilms - RE50 and CR70 are good options for the sides/rear and front.
    The cost for CR70 is on the higher side. In Chennai, it costs Rs.6000 max for Linea at 3M showroom.
    Cost for RE50 is at par in Chennai.

Another option for sides/rear would be RE35 at the same cost but with high heat rejection than RE50. The film has a metallic reflection though.
  6. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Congrats and welcome to TFI, Do post the pictures along with the ownership review, When is the great day.....
  7. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    Hi Advait,
    Congrats on your purchase!

Regarding CR70, it was available for 6k in Mumbai in April (for my Linea TJet). Unless they have raised rates again, you may want to negotiate. A friend and I had decided to go for it, but then I finally decided against spending 6k there because I hardly drive in mid-morning / afternoon time when it is very useful. My car remains parked in the office basement safe from the sun at those times.
    Cheers
  8. Advait Samant

Advait Samant

Pune
    I was told that Car is dispatched from factory. It will arrive at showroom in 1-2 days. (Not sure why it is taking 2 days, even when factory is just outside Pune, i am getting impatient to see my beauty :) )

Chassis number confirmed by dealer is MCA11071G09025337CMZ.

I decode it after reading the FAQ. CMZ is Mar'11 make. Correct me if i am wrong?
  9. Congrats. You are right. CMZ is March 2011.
  10. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Red carpet welcome, congratulations and best wishes, Advait Samant. Explore and enjoy your lovely Linea.