1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

VW looking forward to launch VENTO GT TSI!

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Avinash, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    OD India have confirmed that VW India is all set to launch the VENTO GT TSI, by October. Powering the GT would not be the 1.4 TSI as in the Jetta, but rather it is going to be the 1.2 TSI, as in Polo GT. The 1.2 TSI will be mated to the dual-clutch AT. And the current NA 1.6 would be discontinued.

GT-1.jpg

SOURCE: Overdrive India

The new, Vento 1.2 TSI, with DSG could possibly dent the sales of ANHC.
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  2. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The Vento 1.2 TSI with DSG gearbox was seen by our own member Turbo_karthik in the VW plant. It was a RHD version. So its coming for sure, but the launch date is unknown as of yet.
  3. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    If VW launch 1.2 TSI then there will be very less buyer for it. VW 1.6 AT petrol is almost 12 L OTR, Now This must be more than that, near to 12.5.

3.5 L more than POLO GT TSI. Almost all features are same here except boot, it will be very tuff for VW if they provide 1.2 TSI instead of 1.4 TSI.
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  4. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    There would be a good 2L price differential between the two and a few additional features thrown in. The VW brand has quite a good recall. The Honda City AT buyers will definitely give it a look for sure. Leaving aside the reliability issue of the 7 speed DSG, the TSI is a hoot to drive. If only VW had given the RS (skoda) type suspension to it along with the paddle shifters.
    1 person likes this.
  5. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    I totally agree !!!
    The suspension of Vento is designed to be driven and not to drive. I felt it to be on the softer side when i took an extensive TD of it on NICE road. Whereas Polo's suspension is totally different and driver oriented.

VW has surely set the Indian automobile market on fire with their GT series cars :)

Sent from my Lenovo P780_ROW using Tapatalk 2
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    So VW is coming up with their own competitor to the Jet? Although with a smaller and less powerful engine. The DSG should be able to close the performance gap a bit, though, with the T-Jet.

Let's see what the unbiased reviewers say.
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guys ,
    Have anyone driven Polo 1.2L GT TSI ? Any reviews?
  8. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    My colleague has it...

I must say its fantastic to drive....you feel the rush ...my freind says he has done 200 kmph..

With what I have driven it was an effortless 100 in city...

I drove Vento today and I was surprised it had such bad suspension...though it had quick acceleration..

Polo I felt was better in terms of suspension...
    1 person likes this.
  9. deepakhon

deepakhon Amatore

Bangalore
    I agree with this. When I was in the market for a sedan, I tested both Vento and Rapid TDi's. I found Vento's suspension to be too soft, and the car was not fun to drive, apart from the engine that is. Rapid was slightly better. Polo GT TDi was really good and fun to drive. My wife vetoed it, since the rear leg space was not even as much as the Palio we were replacing with. And, one drive of T-Jet sealed everything for me.
    1 person likes this.
  10. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    As the Vento TSI is already in market, what will be the diffrence in Vento GT TSI?

OOps just checked that, it was quite old post!!;)
    Last edited: May 12, 2014