1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

VW launches Polo 1.6 TDI - Now 1.5 TDI launched

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by pdydeva, Sep 13, 2013.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    VW launches new Polo

German automobile major Volkswagen launched new version it's hatchback Polo in both diesel and petrol variants today. The new car is available with three cylinder 1.2L MPI, four cylinder turbocharged 1.2 L TSI and all new four cylinder 1.5L diesel engine.

The new Polo with 1.5 L TDI engine produces 90PS of power and 230Nm of torque while the higher tune of the engine in 1.5L GT TDI churns out 100PS and a torque output of 250 Nm and fuel economy of 20.1 kmpl (ARAI).

The prices (Ex-showroom New Delhi) are Rs 4.99 to 6.99 lakh for new Polo 1.2 MPI, Rs 6.27 to 7.37 lakh for the Polo 1.5 TDI, Rs 7.90 lakh for the Cross Polo, Rs 7.99 lakh for the Polo GT TSI and Rs 7.99 lakh for the GT TDI. These are introductory prices.
    1 person likes this.
  2. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    How much of an impact this can do to the new Punto launch? I think VW has a huge leap by providing meaty 1.5 lts mill with a juicy torque figures. Earlier, this was one area where Punto used to score. We could say VW has noisy, 1.2 ltr, 3 cylinder mill etc. But now? Leaving aside the service part, this is a mighty contender. 1.5 ltr is surely a killer move.

Sent from my Lumia using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  3. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    SO VW too has learnt from its mistakes. I think its high time that Fiat Shoehorns atleast the TJet in Punto & 1.6 MJD in Linea.
  4. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    Being a fiat fan I'm tempted to buy 1.5TDI Polo..

Man..I hope avventura atleast magically becomes 1.5 or 1.6 :)
    1 person likes this.
  5. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    i totally agree with you puntosat. im tempted too. but dont expect anything magical from fiat. its a deaf and dumb company. it will never listen to the demands of the market. they are not at all serious about it indian market. they are giving sub-standard products here in india.