1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

VW launches Polo 1.6 TDI - Now 1.5 TDI launched

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by pdydeva, Sep 13, 2013.

1. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Is that all you hate about VW Polo?? :rolleyes:
    How about the cramped interiors?
  2. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Re: VW 1.6 TDI Polo launched

Well, I agree for the standards of VW the interiors of Polo aren't that great. Overall pleasure of the ride is still far better in a Punto, but 1.6 TDI generating 105 HP with good torque is something one definitely would fall for !!!

Imagine, Polo is lighter than Vento so I need not talk about the performance :D

Sent from my Lenovo P780_ROW using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  3. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Not to start a debate,but Fit/Finish and Build of Plastics is one of the best.
    Just try and close that glove box lid in a Polo/Vento.
  4. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore

No argument bro, I am yet to see a perfect car within 10 lakh budget. Good engine, low maintenance, top notch build quality, good cabin space, good interiors, nice ride quality, good handling, good brakings, high speed stability (not to forget, it must clock 0-100 in as much less time possible) :D

These 2 things come to my mind,
    1. None of the automobile manufacturers are capable and leave some or the other room for improvements or,
    2. maybe as customers we have a bit high expectations when we are investing our hard earned money (be it 5 lakhs or 10 lakhs).

Its simple, if we want the best in class, we must shell out more money, if not just love/live what you get from manufacturer without any choice :)

Cheers !!!

5. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

The initial batches of the VW Polo and Ventos had this infamous AC vent breakage issue. Not that I am saying Punto's interior plastic is better by touch & feel, but atleast they are lasting the distance, irrespective of the hard finish, ill-fitments and bathroom shades given.
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
  6. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Not sure about vento,but my friends rapid had same issue.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Polo 1.6 TDI & Punto 90hp are like sisters. The moment someone praises their +ve aspects, the same arguments about plastic qualities, niggles and service costs start coming up :)

One full throttle turbo pull of that 1.6 in 2nd/3rd gears and everything will be forgotten. :p
    2 people like this.
  8. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore

Absolute truth paaji. That's all matters to an enthusiast :thumbup:

9. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    What I feel for Punto, Fiat need to intrduce atleast same TJet engine with tune. Tax perspective It will be same as 1.4 Punto.

Then 114 BHP with 207 NM torque Punto will be real hot hatch. This will not be much brain work for Fiat management. Hope they will introduce this with refreshed Punto.

VW made right step for POLO this time with 1.6 TDI for enthusiasts. Insted of 1.2 GT TSI, 1.4TSI is really need for POLO ( form Tax perspective it will be same in INDIA) for enthusiast. VW also can consider it.
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  10. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

1.2 TSI is as fast as the GT TDI,or should i say slightly faster.
    And the fact that it comes with a DSG gearbox,which can be coupled to paddle shifters for about 66K.
    1 person likes this.