1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

VRS-Diesel or petrol? which is truly enthusiastic?

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by linealover, Nov 26, 2014.

1. selwyn.a

selwyn.a Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    What a flamin' shame. I hope that will buff out? :smuggrin:
  2. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Linea 1.3
    @linealover @ramjn , Any car can be driven enthusiastically and people can be enthusiastic about any car. With the Long throw clutch and Rubbery gears which are again long throw, if you want to do a quick upshift and downshifts, it robs precious seconds. But it’s perfectly suited for lazy Sunday kind shifts and for highways. I would call Linea MJD a pleasure to drive car and Tjet with same pleasure with more fun factor. Whatever maybe, we are just so enthusiastic about our fiats irrespective of the mill.

Btw,The reason others back off is because of the handling issues and not because of the engine. Unfortunately there are very few engines available in India which can be pushed on and on. The Honda Vtecs, Palio 1.6, Fiesta 1.6 are some good NA high rev petrols and the Force Fed engines like the ones in VRS,Tjet,TSI. Even though the Vtec was a gem of an engine, the handling of the Old city 1.5 was jittery above 100 and above. But That's one bloody rev happy engine. But where the hell is the RWD? be it VRS and 180 BHP plus. That is what a true enthusiast would want. Let the rear slide on. I mean the rear of the car:p

Just BHP and Torque in a Diesel makes it a powerful choice for commuting and cruising with very little gear shifts due to high torque bank. You get the power and also the torque with additional fuel efficiency too. But 99% of the sports cars or the performance division cars are Petrols.

@nkrishnap right said, its just too addictive. But where is the RWD:arghh:
  3. linealover

linealover Regolare

okay agreed,but be it 320i or volvo S60T6 has a RWD. yet lack of manual transmission,pure hyd steering feedback left soar soup for

thing is, we don't have a choice as of right now what the manufacturer offers.gone all the good old days of RWD.even padmini is RWD

car.economics drives the manufacturer to FWD.

other than innova,few SUV's,everythere car this side of 20 lakh is only FWD.add XUV 500 in FWD

VOLVO S60 T6 with polestar avatar offers pure manual transmission with AWD is true effort by volvo to offer for enthusiast.

i heard about Ivtec is a gem of engine to stay all day at 7000 Rpm(creamy) without a sign of stress.

we can say for track petrol engine and for pure Indian highway it is Diesel.

if at all i buy a octavia diesel VRS,first thing i will change the rear suspension to multilink same as in TSI.