1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Vredestein tyre brand launched by Apollo

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by ThePunter, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Anyone got a take on how good Vredestein tyres are? Today I read about Apollo launches these in India. Otherwise I am completely in oblivion about this Dutch brand.

Quoting:
    http://overdrive.in/news/apollo-introduces-vredestein-tyre-brand-in-india/
    Apollo has launched the premium Vredestein range of tyres in India. Vredestein has come to India with tyre sizes of 15” to 20” and will cater to the luxury segment which includes sedans, coupes and SUVs. These tyres have a higher speed rating than usual- between 240 to 300kmph and will be available alongside the Apollo range. The Vredestein portfolio in India currently encompasses Ultrac Sessanta, Ultrac SUV Sessanta, Ultrac Cento and Sportrac 5. These will be distributed in tier I and II cities in India through a set of hand-picked business partners. Existing Apollo zones will also stock these tyres

One thing that also caught my attention is “edge design by Giugiaro” J J J

It will be good to know whether our Puntos and Lineas will soon have this as an option available.

SPORTRAC 5
    The Sportrac 5 is an extremely quiet and comfortable tyre, developed in collaboration with Giugiaro. The tyre excels in terms of stability and sporty driving ability, which translates into excellent handling on both wet and dry road surfaces. The even surface pressure with low air ratio, combined with asymmetric grooves, ensures optimum grip and a short braking distance. Subtle grooves in the middle section of the tread with an optimised tread depth also make the tyre even more energy efficient. In addition, the tyre has a perfectly even wear pattern. Along with a low noise level thanks to its smart wide tread patterns and longitudinal grooves, the Sportrac 5 is the ideal tyre in this sector.

BENEFITS
    FEATURES
    BENEFITS
    Asymmetric tread and edge design by Giugiaro
    Improved unique sporty appearance
    Handling Tuned Sidewall principle
    Sporty driving style, alert steering response
    Sporty driving style, alert steering response
    Optimised wide tread pattern
    Low interior and exterior sound level
    Even surface pressure and stable structure
    Short braking distance and excellenthandling on dry and wet road surfacesand high handling ratio
    Four longitudinal grooves with asymmetric grooves on the shoulders of the tyre
    Effective resistance to aquaplaning and lower interior noise
    Grooves in the tread
    Low rolling resistance

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386338169.026866.jpg

SIZES

195/60 R15 88 H
    195/60 R15 88 V

Just for reference: Looked up tyrereviews.co.uk about sportrac 5 and found very good ratings as below.
    Vredestein Sportrac 5

Vredestein tyres, Passenger Car Summer High Performance tyres
    The Vredestein Sportrac 5 is a High Performance Summer tyre designed to be fitted to Passenger Cars. Below is data from 14 tyre reviews averaging 95% over 87,070 miles driven.

Dry Grip 99%

Wet Grip 96%

Road Feedback 93%

Progressiveness 94%

Wear 90%

Comfort 95%

Buy again 99%

Tyre Test Results:
    · 2nd: 2012 Auto Express Summer Tyre Test (205/55 R16)
    · 2nd: 2013 ACE Summer Touring Tyre Test (195/65 R15)
    · 4th: 2013 Auto Zeitung Summer Tyre Test (215/55 R16)
    · 5th: 2013 European Summer Touring Tyre Test (185/60 R15)
    · 6th: 2013 Test World Summer Tyre Test (205/55 R16)
    · 9th: 2013 54 Tyre Braking Test (195/65 R15)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SHASHANKREDDY likes this.
  2. Here in Chennai, Lāl tyres @ Whites road is quoting 24800+Balancing charges for Sportrac 5 range, i.e., for Punto/Linea OEM 195/60R15 size.

That comes to 6200 per Tyre, roughly in the Michelin Primacy price category..

3. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Are they suited to 'Indian road conditions' ? :cool:
  4. ...May be similar to the take on Michelin by many ( for its softer side walls) LOL
    Anyways, indian regular conditons itself are no less than off road in a sense.
    And the brand itself belongs to the unknown territory here. So really cant comment unless one jumps in, right?

5. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Seems that this tyre has been tested in Indian road conditions for the last two years are so. Lal indicates that apollo have got approval for authorized tyres for Audi, BMW etc., and you should be seeing this a lot. Read some reviews and seems to be good. Bought one for my friend for his new Fiesta and so far so good. Planning to upgrade during this week. Current cost 5900 / tyre in LaL and around 300 bucks less in VS enterprises padi. Will keep posted post upgrade
  6. cgujral

cgujral Amatore

Delhi
    New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Hi Guys, surely as per reviews this tyre is amazing...I had discussions with the product manager of Apollo as well. I am planning to upgrade my tyres tomorrow. Srini is the price mentioned is for Sportrac 5 only and what size?
  7. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i am thinking of buying these......any reviews from fellow TFI members......
  8. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    @Hurricane has been using VREDESTEIN Sportac for almost a year now. He said a few months ago that they were very good, not sure about current status.
  9. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    the 195/60/R15 is out of stock in Market.... I called to dealer and they have quoted me Rs.5300 and Rs.5400. They will let me know when the stock is available. Should i go for the tyres. I have Pireli P6 in my Rapid. Till now i am satisfied with it.
  10. I am using these since early this year. All my votes does go for the tyre.
    I dont think there is anything to worry or think twice before going ahead. I had got them for the price you quoted.
    Italia-Linea and prashantgupta84 like this.