1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Vocal White: The Chameleon on FIRE

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by kaps, Jul 4, 2010.

1. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Thanks Karan. I wrote to them once and they just replied shade not held. Let me try again with what you have suggested.
  2. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Yesterday while cleaning my Linea, noticed that the coolant container was near empty. Couldn't figure out the reason why it could have happened. Then realized that it could have happened during ACC upgrade. Gave a call to the service center and was advised to call up "service helpline". (There are separate helplines for accident and service). Called up helpline and explained the situation. Those guys were prompt and asked me when could they come over. I asked them to come in the evening when I would be back from Office. They were there at the appointed time and had brought a bottle of paraflu.

They inspected all lines for leakage and then checked whether or not fan was working. The container was topped up and everything was FOC. Now that is what I call service. I would have been happy to pay, but the fact that the service center admitted that it could be a fault from their side was very pleasing. Two Thumbs Up to FIAT.
  3. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    That is so cool(ant) :D

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
  4. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Thats really great Kaps. Thanks for sharing that with all of us. Believe me, I am really thankful to you.

Generally people always mention the bad things, but no one mentions the good things about the TASS.

Well done Sir.
  5. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Contrary to public perceptions, I have never faced an issue with A.S.S. I accept the fact the guys in the dealership are also humans and are liable to make mistakes. Some issues where some owners had to feel the negligence is mainly related to spares management. So if you are impatient and want your car serviced yesterday, the A.S.S will be always a bad egg for you.
  6. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Well said....
    Even last year during rainy season when my car's AC Compressor relay had issues, FIAT RSA guys appeared twice for me and did started my car and checked for the issue too, my battery was draining and self was not working, they shooted it to be a relay issue and called up the TASC for towing the car till the SC to avoid further damage... job well done... 5***** to those guys.... all FOC
  7. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Some 15 days back, I managed to have an abraison on my Linea's left rear wheel arch. It was only superficial and only the top coat had gone. I was looking for a DIY solution and checked with com paint. They do not have anything for vocal white. After some search, found this http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 0487017398 and ordered. Perfect. The scratches are gone and the wheel arch has become as good as new. Great product if you have minor scratches to take care of.
  8. Kapil, post some pictures if you had taken.
  9. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    I forgot to take pictures. How silly of me. All I can say is the abrasive portion is not visible at all and the area is super smooth now.
  10. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Today morning I was going for a longiish drive. After about 2km of driving, I was waiting at the signal. When signal turned green, I pressed the clutch pedal and suddenly the pedal went fully in and car stalled. Clutch pedal was totally dead. I had two dead pedals in the car :D .

Managed to push the car on a side with the help of few caring people. I had to do this as the gear wouldn't engage and pedal was fully depressed. Called up RSA and was attended immediately. The guy on the other end of the line told me that I had to two the car to service center and promised someone from towing service will contact me in 10 minutes. Very impressive. 10 mins soon turned to an hour. Turns out, on a Sunday, the support services also take a break. Called RSA again, this time I was given the mobile number of another towing service. This new tow service chap responded immediately and after confirming my location dispatched the driver. I had to pay for the service. I was also told that they will send a flat bed for Linea.

After 1:30 hrs into breakdown, the flat bed arrived and then started the evolution of putting the car onto the flat bed. Another EUREKA moment for me was when the truck driver took out the towing hook from the tool kit under the spare tyre. I never knew it was there. Tow hook connected, the pulley from the flat bed connected, me on steering; slow journey onto the flat bed started. Since the break down had happened on a signal junction, at every red signal, curious eyes would look at the truck, the car, the hapless owner and would probably thank their stars or curse Fiat. For me, it was never a cursing situation as I understand that breakdowns can happen in the best of machines.

Finally managed to put the car on top of flatbed and driver drove me driving my Linea. Paid the driver 1500 bux and let him go. Concorde was deserted. After getting the car down without any hassles, the security guard took me to the CRM who was on his desk. I told him the entire story. One SA was available and after inspecting the car, I was told that CSC has to be replaced. I told them I had got it replaced during the recall. It appears it will still need to be changed as the hydraulic had leaked into engine bay.

My question here;

1. Have the guys who changed the CSC faced any issues.
    2. Is there s new modification to CSC being provided i.e. the new CSC is aluminum body whereas the earlier was plastic body.

I had not moved my car under transmission after the incident, is there anything else I should be checking, e.g is the hydraulic reservoir for brakes and CSC same. If the reservoir is drained, will it impact any other function.