1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Vocal White: The Chameleon on FIRE

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by kaps, Jul 4, 2010.

1. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    If I had gone to Concorde they definitely would not have allowed the upgrade :wink: . I did it at a third party installer. The wires going from HU to the front speakers have been cut and I am OK with it :dance .

Agree Karan, if tuned well the HU is quite capable. The sub is not fiddling with the leg space as of now. The dimensions are approx 10"x10"X7" and ti fits snugly under the co-passenger seat. If I face any issues, I will get it relocated in boot. With the given dimensions, the space I will lose out in the boot is only marginal. I think to mask the road noise you must try the high speed ON setting in the HU if you have not done it so far. It increases volume with speed and road noise get masked very well :up .
  2. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Installed eco:Drive on my Linea. For those who have upgraded to version 5.5.1.3, eco:Drive is compatible. Although the desktop application does not show India amongst list of countries, I think it still should provide inputs on driving style. Will update after a week's driving data.
  3. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    After installation of eco:drive, I was very keen to learn if my driving style was ok. Went for a short drive and uploaded the data to desktop. Very happy to see that my driving was quite in line with what is expected by eco:Drive :dance . The software needs five days of data to draw conclusions. Will continue to monitor. Total of about 25km consumed 1.9l of fuel gives an average of 13.1kmpl. This was with 100% ACC in city driving. Here are the snaps:

eco1.jpg

eco2.jpg
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Excellent :)
    I remember seeing some charts etc also in Blue & Me which gives much detailed understanding of what went wrong in a ride and how it has to be to get some good figures.
  5. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    Where do you get this Eco Drive software and how do i install it on my car?
  6. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
  7. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    Yea i read Kaps, but India is not listed in their software and indian road/driving conditions might not have been considered. The software is not going to give you accurate data unless required data is present.
  8. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    How do i check the version of my Blue & Me? And how can i update it if it is old?
  9. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Yes pammu, India is not listed, but country selection is only for fuel costs and CO2 savings. You might be aware that CO2 credits/debits are turning into a big business. The software does provide enough pointers on how to improve your driving style and save on fuel costs and CO2 emissions.

IMHO, the best way to check B&M version is by trying to install ver 5.5.13. If it installs, you had 5.4 installed, if it doesn't either you already have 5.5 or 5.3. Did you try installing eco:drive. It will install only on 5.5.
  10. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    i am about to download and install the software. where do i install it to? on my laptop or into the Flash?