1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Vocal White: The Chameleon on FIRE

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by kaps, Jul 4, 2010.

1. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Second Service

Since I am going to be out of town in October, I wanted to finish the second service falling due on 15 Oct. In addition to the service, there was a small repair job on the rear bumper. While reversing out of my garage, I managed to hit the lower bolt of the garage door and it caused a gash (1.5 inch cut) in the rear bumper, just below the chrome strip. other than these, there was no real issue.

When I went for service, the dealership was chock-a-block with cars and no SAs :cry: . Came to know that next day being hartal, most SAs are on leave :A . To my surprise I saw CRM and works manager taking the cars in for service. Mine was taken by the works manager. Great show :up . I told him the usual stuff and asked him to change the pollen filter to meshed one.

Received an SMS from dealership saying the car was ready. Another great show :up . Called up the SA and came to know it was a SMS generated by system for service completion. The car had gone to body shop for bumper work. Was promised delivery after two days since it has been raining cats and dogs in Kochi.

Went in today morning for collection and the final bill was being prepared. Picked up beige colored neck pillows and cushions for the rear seats. The door visors were not available.

Total service bill (excluding accessories and including paint work) was 4615. Out of this, 800 was charged for bumper welding and painting. Finish on the bumper job is fantastic. So in one year of ownership, I have paid just 3.6K for ownership. Items that have been changed/replaced under warranty till date:

a. Clutch Slave Cylinder.
    b. Door beading of the rust fame.
    c. Engine re-map.

Overall, first year of ownership has been a great experience, both in driving the car as well as in maintaining it. Two thumbs up to Fiat. :clapping
  2. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Do they do bumper repair, welding, painting etc? I thought they always ask to change the bumper :confused
    Can you post pics of damaged bumper before repair & after repair?
  3. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Unfortunately I don't have the pics for before. Let me explain though: The lower bolt of garage door has a sharp edge. While reversing this edge went through the rear bumper left corner just below the chrome strip. The gash looked like a torn jeans ::pP I was able to see fabric like nature of the bumper through the cut. This portion was welded and repainted. I guess bumper replacement is required if holding clips are broken. :anyone
  4. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    After a wash and polish session, Linea had a photo session. :dancing Sharing a few.

1_1920x1022.jpg

IMG_1156_1800x1200.jpg

IMG_1158_1800x1200.jpg

IMG_1164_1800x1200.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Always good to see well maintained cars.
    Your son ( i presume), liking the company of Linea.
  6. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Brilliant photographs, Kapil. But, you forgot to mask the number plate in the top-most photograph. :mrgreen:
  7. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Thanks for the compliment Ravi, that is my son. He is like that kid in the ad who learned to whistle after seeing a Linea :dance

Yes! But somehow I feel it is ok to leave it unmasked here on TFI. :geek: Will have to try and modify the one on other forum though.
  8. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Have done it anyways !!!
  9. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Thanks Amit. Quick action.
  10. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    I wanted to buy the car cover but had doubts regarding the two sold as Fiat accessories. Went ahead and bought the Tywek white cover. As per the sales person, it is made with same material used for making parachutes, so it breathes better and is tougher than the plasticky silver one. Cost 2687 INR.