1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Vocal White: The Chameleon on FIRE

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by kaps, Jul 4, 2010.

1. khoj

khoj Amatore

Dilli
    Servicing Linea is once a year affair, you could take a small trip and drive to Bangalore@250 kms, get the car serviced, have a TfI meet and be done.
    1 person likes this.
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    You can consider Vecto Motors, Bangalore, Kapil. :)
    1 person likes this.
  3. kaps

kaps Superiore

New Delhi
    New Delhi
    Linea 1.4
    Thanks for the suggestions guys. Next service is due in Oct. So I guess am just getting a bit jumpy for now.
  4. kaps

kaps Superiore

New Delhi
    New Delhi
    Linea 1.4
    Umm... Just dusting out the old ownership thread. Why no regular updates? Well, most of times, Linea does the job so frikkin well that I don't want out of that comfort lap.

Staying in Arakkonam, getting servicing done was the big deal. Chose to go to Salem, rather than Chennai, and True Sai did a great job.

Recently did a trip from Arakkonam to Ooty. Cushioned ride all the way. Averaged 16.3. What can I say?

Tires have started getting a little thinner. Will be upgrading soon to Michelin ST3. With that will be job required on the suspension. Some bushes need change, as well as timing chain.

Six years of ownership and every time I have driven this car, it has only brought smiles.

The great 'created dread' of servicing has not really caught me.

Thoughts crossed my mind to change the car. After lot of thinking, deciding to keep Linea and buy another one. Maybe, will wait for Fiat to bring out the promised small car :bored:

Overall, highly satisfied. The public perception and prospecting by our esteemed members regarding Fiat's future launches, don't trouble me. Its a car, a good one at that. Might as well enjoy it while it lasts.
  5. harryaviator

harryaviator Regolare

kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    Change of car! sir, please dont.. one of thevery few people on this forum from the same sphere.. will be left out here all alone..
  6. kaps

kaps Superiore

New Delhi
    New Delhi
    Linea 1.4
    No way I am going to let her go Harry. This is what I wrote: "Thoughts crossed my mind to change the car. After lot of thinking, deciding to keep Linea and buy another one." :)

Another one will too be most likely another Fiat.
    harryaviator likes this.
  7. kaps

kaps Superiore

New Delhi
    New Delhi
    Linea 1.4
    Recently, while travelling from Agra, I experienced engine stutter in my Linea after driving away from a toll booth. The check engine light would flash intermittently but no message on MID. On stopping at traffic signals, RPM needle was doing a +-20 RPM dance. The stutter was happening only during acceleration (fuel demand for power). I thought this could be bad fuel thing, but didn't vanish on refill.

On reaching Delhi, gave a call to Mr Harvinder Singh. He told me Kumar was on leave due to some death in family and would be available after 4 days. I decided to wait as going to nearest FASS is a time consuming process for me.

After Kumar's arrival, took the car to him. On doing a test drive, he diagnosed it with faulty fuel filter. That made sense. Since Harvinder and Kumar don't store any spare, he asked me to get new fuel filter, four spark plugs and air filter.

Ordered these parts from 99rpm. Cost, including delivery was 1760 bucks. Took the parts to the workshop. All parts were changed within 30 mins. Test drive, stutter gone. He charged me 500 bucks.

Nothing can be better. Quick diagnosis, fast work and cheap labour. Full marks to Harvinder and Kumar.

For people in Delhi, more details about Harvinder and Kumar including location can be obtained from here

Another issue I had recently was with tyres. I was facing steering vibration on crossing 80 kmph since last three months. Weekly trips to various alignment and balancing shops bore no results. Then I remembered I had got tyres coated with 'anti-puncture' compound four months back. Analysis led to belief the matching of this event with start of vibration trouble. Next day itself got the compound removed from a road side puncture shop who had a manual tyre separator. All vibrations vanished. Lesson: Use anti puncture compound only if you can live with vibrations.