1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Vocal White: The Chameleon on FIRE

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by kaps, Jul 4, 2010.

1. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Excellent wet finish on your Linea, that doesn't look like a 2 year old Linea, looks just out of showroom. Please give the steps you followed to get that finish.

Total bill 5.5K.

I am a bit surprised with this. My 45k service cost me around 5k and later on 2 year completion fluid changes cost me another 4k.
  2. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    It is not a typo romsi :) My running is not very high, so I guess buying a petrol was justified.

This is Collinite effect Pran. After dusting with Jopasu Duster, I use Meguiar's Shampoo and Collinite 845. The claims of Collinite being a long lasting one are quite true. The coating lasted for three months through very heavy rains. For two months, even the tar wouldn't stick. All it needs is weekly dusting with Jopasu, cleaning of some dirt spots (bird droppings, insect droppings etc) with a moist MF and then thorough wipe with a MF.
  3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Many more happy returns of the day to your Linea, Kapil. Congratulations and best wishes to you too.:)
  4. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Update

Fitted the OSRAM night breakers. The dealer had only the H1 available so fitted that for now. Will fit the H7 when it is available.

While waiting at a traffic junction, an auto rear ended me causing a vertical dent in the middle of boot cover (near the Fiat logo) and a crack in the rear bumper near the key hole area. Took it concorde body shop next day. The car was accepted within 15 mins and estimate of 7k was given. I opted to go for the insurance claim. The car was with the body shop for two days and the work shop manager Mr Jayprakash was very helpful. Got a call from body shop when work was over. On inspection, I found the finish to be top notch and complemented the workshop manager for same. :)

Total bill was 8652 out of which my share was 1100. Overall, great work by Concorde and a highly satisfied customer :cool:
    2 people like this.
  5. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Kapil

That's very good experience. Hope the same stays with you forever.
  6. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Kodaikanal

April filled with holidays beckoned for a break. A break it was to Kodaikanal. Approx 300km from Kochi (via Palakkad) Kodai IMHO is a hugely underestimated hill station. While many people tend to favor Ooty as a preferred destination, Kodai has equal rather much more to offer for a short holiday.

The drive started at 7:30 AM on 09 Apr and with a couple of breaks for breakfast and such, was completed at 1430hrs. The road condition (NH 47) up to Thrissur is great. From Thrissur, NH47 turns into a two lane road with loads of patches that make the drive rough. Linea however, soaked all those patches and no discomfort was felt inside the cabin. On this trip, for the first time I used Sygic India maps and found that it is a great tool for navigation. The maps are quite detailed and the voice notifications for change of roads and turns are spot on. Only thing you have to take care is that plan the route by adding way points; for, if you forget to do that, it will plan the shortest route, where road conditions may be really bad. For example, from Pollachi, it wanted me to take the road to Muunar and from there to Kodai. The route as such is great but the road from Munnar to Kodai is mostly used by wildlife and not humans. Using it on my Galaxy Tab was a fantastic experience in hands free navigation.

The stay at Kodai was at Kodai Resorts Hotel. Highly recommended to any one traveling to Kodai. Location is awesome and the standard of rooms is pretty high.

Started back from Kodai at 0930 hrs and with two stops, was back home at 1700 hrs. The route followed was : Kochi - Thrissur - Palakkad - Pollachi-Udulampettai - Palani - Kodai and back the same route. ANother option is to go via NH49 through Kumily and Theni. NH 49 route is a continuously winding one and is shorter by a few kilometeres.

Total distance 628 and and FE obtained 15.6kmpl as per the onboard trip meter. Some photos:

2012_04_10_0088_fhdr.jpg 2012_04_10_0090_fhdr.jpg 2012_04_10_0095_fhdr.jpg 2012_04_10_0101_fhdr.jpg 2012_04_10_0104_fhdr.jpg 2012_04_10_0114_fhdr.jpg 2012_04_10_0132_fhdr.jpg
    2 people like this.
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Nice photographs, Kapil. I visited Kodai some decades back. So, I must revisit it asap. Thanks for tips.
    1 person likes this.
  8. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Thanks Raviji. I had last visited Kodai in 2010 and although the landscape remains same, the progress is quite evident.
    1 person likes this.
  9. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    4th Service.

I am planning to take a long holiday next month when 4th service of my Linea will be due. I instead opted to go for early servicing. Called up Concorde motors for service appointment. It seems they are heavily booked. I called them on 12 Sep and was given a date of 18 Sep. I asked them to give me the date of 21 Sep instead.

Reached the service center at 9AM and the vehicle was accepted within 10 minutes. That day, total of 32 vehicles were slotted to taken in for service, out of which four were Linea and eight were Punto. Rest was a smattering of Indica, Vista, Manza, Nano, Sumo. This time when I went to the dealership, I took a critical view of how cars were presented. Floor had so many variants of Tata cars that Fiat looked like "also there". Amongst eight cars on display, one was Blue Tjet and a wine red Punto 2012.

The SE who took in my car was well versed with his job. He explained to me what all was going to be done in the service. He offered me a third party AC ionisation (something that uses some steam let into the system from AC vents inside the cabin). I asked him to include that. I inquired with him whether Absolute Edition accessories were available off the shelf. He was aware of the details and told me that it has just been launched and individual accessories will take between two and three months to be available off the shelf. I was given an estimate of 4K for POL, 1250 for labor and 750 for AC work. I handed over the vehicle and came back with a promise by the SE that vehicle will be ready by 5PM.

At 4:30PM I got the call from SE informing me that vehicle was ready. I was busy and was in no position to take the vehicle that day. I told him that I will collect the vehicle on 22 Sep in the morning. I reached there in the morning and SE attended me within ten minutes. I was given a total bill of 6112. Made the payment and accepted the car after inspection. The car had been nicely washed and insides were clean too. Said a few nice words to the SE and came back. Overall experience of servicing 9/10.
    3 people like this.
  10. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    I am getting transferred to Arakkonam (TN). Seems I am heading for trouble as far as Linea is concerned. The nearest service center is RDC, Chennai, which is about 100km from Arakkonam. Going by the reports about RDC, I am really worried. Next option is Puduchery, which is 250km away :( . Any bright ideas from guys in and around about how to tackle this?