1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Vocal White: The Chameleon on FIRE

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by kaps, Jul 4, 2010.

1. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Kapil,

Excellent pics. Your Linea looks spanking new !! Pls share afterwards how long collinite effect stays as compared to other wax you were using earlier. Which Maguire wax did you use earlier? nxt 2.0?
  2. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    From 28 Feb 11 to 11 May 11, an average eco index of 74 and an average fuel consumption of 6.2l/100km which means an average of ~16.5kmpl for a distance of 1773km. I think for a sedan as heavy as Linea (pronounced as a non - performer by idiots), this speaks of great performance. Best achieved eco-index in this period is 77 ::T.

ecodrive.jpg
  3. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Hey, Kapil

You're deriving great ecoIndex. Also, 16.5 kmpl in a Petrol Linea is an awesome FE::T
  4. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Thanks Amit. I could not have asked for a better deal amongst the present cars available in India.

Heavy rains in Kochi and Collinite is already being put to some severe test. Here are some post rain snaps of water beading. After cleaning, surface is still smooth as after immediate application of collinite.

@mods. The size limitation on picture upload is really robbing the images of their quality. How about limiting pics to one mb?

IMAG0054.jpg

IMAG0055.jpg
  5. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    that wax effect is good. you get your boot aligned. even in these pics i find your boot raised. what they will do is lower the lock on the lip so that the lid shuts a bit deeper.
  6. Maxtor

Maxtor Amatore

New Delhi
    16.5 for a petrol Linea is indeed exceptional. Driving straight for 15 km one way on a smooth though crowded highway without more than a couple of traffic lights I get never more than 15 kmph.
  7. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    @Karan. I have checked visually through many angles after seeing your post. The boot lid looks aligned nicely to me and not raised.

@Maxtor, this FE includes some long drives as well done consistently at 80kmph with 100% ACC. So I guess if you get to drive without any start/stop (traffic lights), you should be able to extract even better FE.
  8. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Got me a Galaxy Tab. I was apprehensive if it would pair with B&Me. No problems whatsoever. Now kid can watch movie and phone calls are received as well.
  9. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Third Free Servicing.

The day for third free servicing was arriving and I wanted to get it done before hand with Odo indication 11.5K. The complete process from booking for servicing to delivery as promised was butter smooth. I did not have any problems to be rectified, so it was routine servicing plus installation of B&Me protection. SA showed me the service booklet which states changing gear box and some other oils at 2 years/60k, whichever is earlier. These oils were also changed along with the usual oil and filter change. Vehicle has lots of tar marks when I gave for servicing and those were nicely removed. Interior was well cleaned. Leather seats were dirty (probably because some technician sat on them with dirty overall. This was cleaned immediately on pointing out. Total bill 5.5K. Overall, highly satisfied with the service provided. Gave 9/10 to the SA on feedback form.

Two years of ownership and bliss has not reduced since the first time I drove her from Chennai to Kochi after delivery. Due to heavy rains, Kochi roads are a nightmare to drive on. I know a few people who have damaged car suspensions or developed snags in the alloys due to quality of roads. Thankfully, Linea has maintained true and handled all bad roads and rain without a single squeak. On my part, I have kept her pampered with thorough cleaning and waxing regularly.

After two years, no parts have fallen off, I have never felt the car to be underpowered, never had any complaint on service front, accident repairs were undertaken to my satisfaction, the mileage has been superb. I really fail to understand the negative mindset people have when discussing Fiat cars. It does what it says it will do and does it with aplomb. Do I need anything more than that?, no, I am happy even if i am not offered tea or coffee by the dealership. They do their job, don't give me a reason to complaint and are polite. That is enough for me.

Prior to Linea, I have owned Uno for eleven years. Will I go for a Fiat again. Damn sure I will.
  10. Hi Kaps!!

Congrats on completing 2 years with your Linea.

Just curious.. in these 2 years, have you just driven 11.5K kms or is it a typo??

Well, just like you... I too will go for another Fiat, for sure.