1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Vocal White: The Chameleon on FIRE

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by kaps, Jul 4, 2010.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Srikar bhai, Ferrari will not charge 2lakh only for the color change. Must be something more, like brake rotor and pads upgrade. And definitely more than 2 Lakh Rs.
  2. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Mods, I am not able to upload pictures. I have reduces picture size to less than 95 kb (seriously?), yet I get account disabled message. What am I doing wrong?
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Kaps, can you please PM me the exact issue? What do you mean by "account disabled message"?

One tip in case you are facing problems. No need to reduce size below 95kb (that would be like uploading thumbnails :p ). Resize the pics to 800x600 or any resolution just making sure that the largest dimension does not exceeds 800. Also, check for the size. It should be preferably less than 200Kb. I'll forward your reported post to the forum Admins (Amogh and Sandeep).
    Last edited: May 22, 2011
  4. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Thanks paddleshifter. I was trying uploading through firefox, and I believe some add on i am using for proxy was not allowing the upload. I tried with IE today and voila, all done.

These pictures are after collinite work and have been taken in shade. White being a light color, the effect may not be very obvious in photos, but visually, I find the gloss to be much better and deeper then "smart wax" and Meguiar's that I was used earlier. Did my bike also with collinite and the effect was amazing.

IMAG0042.jpg

IMAG0043.jpg

IMAG0044.jpg

IMAG0045.jpg

IMAG0046.jpg

IMAG0048.jpg

IMAG0049.jpg

IMAG0051.jpg

IMAG0052.jpg

IMAG0053.jpg
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    @kaps

Chandigarh plates !?

Nice shine by the way. Which collinite is it?

Gurjinder.
  6. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    hey kaps its always good to see pics of vocal white. the second pic shows that your boot is not allinged properly!! is the boot repaired for dent or something??
  7. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    @ Gurjinder. Thanks for the compliment. Vehicle was bought in TN (Chennai), registered in CH and is being used in KL. Vagaries of service you see :) First coat is meguir's swirlX, followed by collinite 845 (sealant) and then collinite 476 (wax).

@ Karan. That's just the camera angle. Nothing wrong with the boot as such.
  8. gurjinder ji
    the caliper paint if they punto yellow on it they change them to a better performing callipers and charge 2 lakhs plus taxes as per the info..
  9. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Oops! Rather than drooling at the pics of a decorated Linea, all I saw were the number plates! So you have lived in Chandigarh as well? Or the road tax+registration charges of Rs2500/- sounded too attractive? :p

People from Delhi and adjoining areas used to come to Chandigarh to get their imports registered till last year. Now the road tax is on % basis of the cost of car. I have seen Bentley Continental GT getting registered for just Rs2500.

EDIT- Did you drive it all the way to Kerela?
    Last edited: May 24, 2011
  10. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    I belong to Jammu and haven't lived in C'garh :???: . I took the delivery in Chennai (CSD) and drove to Kochi. CH number plate is to avail the registration + road tax benefits of course ;) It was done by certain somebody without getting the car to RTO. OTR was 6.5 for me due to this factor and I was able to splurge on Kaarlson and ICE upgrade :drinks.