1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Vocal White: The Chameleon on FIRE

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by kaps, Jul 4, 2010.

1. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    I had this same planned , red paint exactly where you used it. Infact, convinced one of my neighbour to do it on his Ritz, to get a feel of it.

But the results did not impress me as he did it by hand brush with a can of red paint.

your paint looks great mate.

I would like to get that done.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
  2. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Eighteen months and 10K of pure bliss. The 10K mark arrived during the regular commutes. The experience so far? Excellent. Let the naysayers go on bugling about what Linea is not, it is a satisfying vehicle to own which will bring a smile to your face every time you drive it. Niggles so far include the CSC failure. I think the worse advert for any Fiat vehicle with dwindling sales is the sight of vehicle on a flatbed. Fiat can avoid this and they ought to do this pro-actively. A small rattle has originated in the left rear door. Can't yet pin point the origin. Any body has any clues?

Just got me Collinite 845 and 476 delivered from automall.in. Tomorrow the Linea gets her makeup on. Will post the pics after it is done.
  3. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Kapil,

That Red paint on calipers looks great. Don't know how I missed the post earlier.

And yes. Its pure bliss. I've crossed 40K kms & approaching 4th service now & it has been a wide grin all the way the moment I get behind the steering.
  4. kapil sir
    sir did you get the bolts painted too..
    or are those the same things which come with the lineas??
    and has a slot in the middle for the head of a flat screw driver??

the calipers look great.thats the next thing going onto my punto..does gold colour caliper go well with white punto with oe wheels??
  5. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Thanks @ amit and sri. With brake dust falling on calipers, they have acquired a darker hue which looks quite good IMHO. Sri, no 'sir'ing please we are all TFIans. The bolts were not painted. Only the calipers in the front wheels and the brake drum at the rear. IMHO, the rear drum quite matches with the tail lamp cluster after painting red. Doing gold on your calipers will depend solely on color of car. If you have a black Punto, painting calipers gold is a good option, else, red will go with all others except the blue punto.
  6. but then your car wheel bolts have that special head on them???
    to accomodate the head of a flat screw driver??
    mine is a BNW punto..
    is it red or any other colour for me??

can we get the caliper chrome plated???
    any idea on the costs??
    Last edited: May 16, 2011
  7. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    That is not any special head sri. These bolts came like this from factory and are marked with a permanent marker to probably show the orientation of nuts while changing wheels. All lines in the same plane would mean correct tightness. Chrome plated calipers on BNW might get dirty pretty fast. Present calipers are already silverish so I guess a darker shade will bring out the character better. The process had cost me 500 bux.
    Last edited: May 16, 2011
  8. oh ok.thanks for the info..
    now is red caliper the only option for my bnw punto??
    many cars have red painted calipers..
    how would yellow do like that in a ferrari for which they charge you extra 2 lakh rupees??
  9. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Canary yellow would look terrific too. Make sure to get a bright shade.
  10. thanks for the tips.
    canary yellow it is...