1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

vocal white dynamic pk

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by karan desai, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    wow ,, u fixed it urself ???!!!!!!

Were u able to activate the rear ac vent ???

Dilip
  2. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Tell them to forget about heel and toe and worry about the kick. Tell goodyear to give in writing that it is an alignment issue and then get after the dealer.
  3. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    yeah i fixed it myself. and have still not activated the rear ac but ordered all the parts necessary and will do it myself. i had inquired about all these things before delivery as i wanted all of this, but their reply was "its better you go for emotion then" without inquiring about the costs and feasibility. hopefully will receive the ducts and the vent in a week or so.
  4. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    thats what i did. goodyear has given me in writing that the abnormal wear is caused bcos of improper alignment. now have to get back to fiat and find a solution. all i want is the noise to go whether goodyear or fiat. i think goodyear is right as my outer threads have worn out more than the center. and i am very particular about tyre pressure so even that is out of question. lets see how fiat handles this one.
  5. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    another problem. engine got noisier. the area just above the air filter is making some weird noise which was not there before. drove the car 150 kms yday. after 70 kms when i reached the destination i could feel a strange noise when driving. i even felt it a bit sluggish. first i thought i am just being too sensitive for my linea. but the noise was there. i have also fixed the insulation lining to make it quieter. so opened the bonnet and the noise was definitely louder. there are four plastic pipes that bends into the engine above the air filter(petrol engine) and the noise is coming from there. was in rajkot but the problem was found late in the evening so could not go to the SC. will have to take her now. what it could be?? it sounds like tak tik tak tik tak tak.
  6. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    car given for the 2nd service. had some damage on the left rear door and bumper. have made a claim for that. the car completes a year on 22. so getting the 2nd service done as well. have a huge list of problems in the job card. lets see how much do they succeed in solving.
  7. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    my car finished a year two days back and got it serviced. also got the dent on the door and bumper painted. they have done a good job considering my color.
    expense so far on my linea:
    2nd service 3200
    dent repair 500 (they had quoted 6000, i got it under insurance)
    silencer replace 1500 under insurance (total cost 14000)
    rear quarter glass 1200 (600 for the glass and 600 for the sealant)
    ORVM 250
    armrest 1700
    rear ac vent and ducts 2200 (have ordered a month back yet not available)
    bonnet lining 950
    passenger front seat 37000 (under warranty)
    rear curtain 350
    nitrogen 250.
    the problem for the engine noise has been found to be a faulty EGR sensor valve. the SA was not sure what its called but he told me some EG sensor is faulty but is not in stock so they have placed an order for it and will receive in 10 days. will update you all once i get it replaced.
    there is some noise from the f/l suspension which i could simulate during the TD. so that is still there.
    the updates on the tyre noise issue: i had arranged a joint inspection between fiat and GY as both were blaming each other. on checking the alignment it was found that the uneven tyre ware is because of the faulty alignment and camber angles which is causing the road noise. so GY is not at fault here. will have to take the issue up to fiat now.
  8. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    the SC did not get me the faulty sensor and other accessories which was ordered a month back so i was left with no option but to mail ajay bhatnagar (parts manager fiat). got a call from him today that all the parts has been dispatched and received by ur SC and asked me if i had got a call from them. since they had not informed me mr.ajay took them on call conference and gave them some firing. he told me that in future if there is any problem with parts just give me a call and it will be done immediately. finally a positive sign from fiat. but why do we need to contact the superiors for small things??
    well service is a different issue, just look at how the lady looks. look at those curvy lines

Photo253.jpg

Photo257.jpg
  9. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    had been to the free check up camp as all my parts had arrived. electro sensor replaced under warranty. paid for the ac vent and ducts and replaced a broken wheel plate. all this at 5% discount. the rear ac vent is now functional. replacing the electro valve has not made any difference and the noise is still there. called up the SA and informed him.
    i feel that my cars health is not perfect. even when the accelerator is at steady position the car gives altered power (pulls sometimes and then normal again). i mean the power delivery is not constant. and this happens around 1500-1800 rpm even though i do not floor the pedal, it behaves like i am pressing my accelerator suddenly and then taking the foot off it.
    again what i found is that when my car is standing idle and you rev the car to 1500rpm, you can feel the car bouncing(not literally, but it vibrates like its car is gasping for air or something).
    petrol owners please try this on your car and let me know.
  10. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    my uncle was here last weekend with his linea. i enjoyed comparing the mjd to fire and drove in the city. was showing off the second linea in the family to my friends;). he had covered 1050 kms or so when he reached my town from mumbai visiting a few temples on way. i was really happy to see his average consumption at 19.2 for a thousand km considering he constantly drives around 120.
    his car had a few strange noises coming from the rear and the door panels. but i find the fire engine much more refined. the noise levels were quite high when compared to the new verna. the engine noise was figo like at idle on inside.
    some update on my linea. the car is not running 100% fit. it has some power delivery problems. the SA guessed that the culprit could be the electro valve which takes care of the pressure in the fuel tank. i have already changed the valve once but it is the same and the problem seems to be somewhere else. have to give it to the SC but could not manage.
    now some pics of my uncles car under heavy rains:

DSC04783.jpg

DSC04780.jpg

DSC04782.jpg

DSC04784.jpg

DSC04786.jpg

DSC04788.jpg

DSC04791.jpg
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2011